Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
davyb1 Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2
Member 2nd Mar, 2012 23:38
Ranking: 2
User Since: 1st Dec, 2011
System Score: N/A
Since previous post have carefully followed all steps in FAQ. All correct except that "Secunia Update Agent" does nor appear in list of "Services". Reboot does not help.

mogs RE: Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2
Expert Contributor 3rd Mar, 2012 06:14
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@davyb1

Threads are auto locked if there's no activity on them for 7 days...In the future.you can, if you wish apply to Support by e mail to have one re-opened....save you starting a new thread, and ensuring continuity.
Have you tried re-installing the current 2.0 version ,.....and let it remove that which you have already installed ? There is also now a 3.0 beta version available which you might like to try.....
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal... simpler, and may at least give you a result.
Please let us know how you get on........regards,

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
davyb1 RE: Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2
Member 6th Mar, 2012 08:11
Score: 2
User Since: 1st Dec 2011
System Score: N/A
Have downloaded PSI 3 beta with same result; I get the new splash screen and nothing else. Tried after disabling Windows Firewall and rebooting but no success. Balloon showed some programs need manual update but no indication of what these are. Win 7 updates up to date. Email and internet working normally.
Also downloaded PSI 3 on to my laptop (Vista) using same home network and that worked. Similar problem with Skype on this computer may or may not be connected.
Regards
Was this reply relevant?
+2
mogs RE: Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2
Expert Contributor 6th Mar, 2012 08:43
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 6th Mar, 2012 08:46
@davyb1

The only other thing I can think to suggest ....as you've now installed/uninstalled a couple of times.....is, rather than let it remove the old version....to clear out using Revounstaller....it may be it will pick up a few more left overs/jig saw pieces......particularly if used at Advanced level. Don't know if you're familiar with it.......the free version is available from here :-
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_fr... See version 1.93 at the bottom of the page. Lots of additional info on site.
It's what I did before my last psi install on Vista......it is Windows 7 compatible.

I remember too an article 'bout W7 and Skype from the CClips thread last month which you might like to browse thro'...............See CClip 75 some way down the thread.
Edit....http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/120...

Hope it's of some use.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Unable to connect to Secunia psi 2
Member 6th Mar, 2012 09:08
Hi,

Having the Secunia Update Agent missing indicates a problem. Have you tried reinstalling the PSI?
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer