Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Adobe Flash Updating Issue

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

This thread has been marked as locked.
joe schmoe Adobe Flash Updating Issue
Member 31st Mar, 2012 08:47
Ranking: 41
User Since: 26th Nov, 2008
System Score: 100%
Hi,

Already aware of Flash Update as of 3/30/2012. Noticed that digital signatures section of file properties indicates files for both ie and ff were finalized as of 3/9/2012.

PSI v 2.0.0.3003 here failed to automatically update ff flash, but did update ie flash. ????

Why is there a discrepancy between the Adobe digital signatures of the latest file and the released date of the latest version, 11.2? Why the apparent delay in release? (See first paragraph above if lost)

Just curious.

I fixed the ff problem by gong to Adobe and downloading the 780 KB update file from there. Notice that this is now done by getting a much smaller file, and this file is the actual download helper file.

Never seen the downoaded file disappear before as this one does when double-clicked as the installation of flash begins.

Sorry about so many questions, but...

--
XP Pro SP3 P4 3.2 HT 2 GB RAM Avast! 9.0.2018 AIS
Win 7 Home Pro SP1 Pentium D 2.8 3 GB RAM Avast 9.0.2018 AIS
Secunia PSI 2.0.0.3003 XP Pro 32-bit & Win 7 H Pro 64-bit

Anthony Wells RE: Adobe Flash Updating Issue
Expert Contributor 31st Mar, 2012 20:48
Score: 2463
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

HI Joe ,

The inabilty to (auto)update both ActiveX and NPAPI in PSI 2.x has arisen on several occasions recently ; it seems quite unacceptable to me and support have not commented on it , so perhaps you should get on to them at support@secunia.com .

I guess that files are worked on at different times and loaded into the installer pre-release ; not a point of interest/concern/problem in my book .

The Adobe (GetFlash) installers have been removing themselves (after use) for some time now ; the AIR and Shockwave ones' hang about .

I am viewing things in PSI 3Beta 2 and ActiveX and NPAPI are displayed clearly and separately unlike 2.x . Have not yet decided on thier next update procedure .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+