xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

See the original Secunia news entry:
General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide

Secunia General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
Secunia Official 30th Jun, 2012 01:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: -
System Score: -
New Secunia PSI 3.0 features automatic security patch updates, dramatically simplified user interface and intuitive preferences to help users safeguard PCs and data against cybercriminals

rebergjasm

RE: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
[+]
This reply has been deleted
BigDaddyDave39 RE: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
Member 1st Jul, 2012 04:10
Score: 1
User Since: 1st Jul 2012
System Score: N/A
It took me some time to successfully create a Profile so I could say how much I hate 3.0. I have been using PSI 2 for quite some time and am always proud when my PC gets a 100% rating. The new user interface is totally useless even for a "newbie"/i I am sure that your corporate users won't like it either.
Was this reply relevant?
+1
AlMac99 RE: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
Member 2nd Jul, 2012 00:55
Score: 6
User Since: 16th Apr 2011
After converting PSI 2.0 to 3.0 then come here to comment, I had to jump thru hoops to be recognized so I could log in, but now I got past that.

In summary, I am very pleased with what I have seen so far. I have some suggestions for future upgrade consideration.

I have Windows XP pro, on two PC in my home, personal, and supplied by my employer.

I finished my day job end-fiscal June weekend updates, via VPN, before doing any updates this weekend.
I studied info about 3.0 from Secunia and Krebs before upgrading July-1 afternoon, on home PC first, and also jotted down some concerns as I went thru the process. I was happy to see that it remembered my 2.0 settings, and the History showed problems which I had not previously been able to access.

I hope history in future will help with the annoyance of me leaving PC powered up while I sleep, set to do anti-virus updates, scan, Microsoft, and other stuff update in wee hours, then next morning I find that SOMETHING has rebooted my PC, and it is darn near impossible to figure out what got changed, caused reboot.

I selected MANUAL install of updates, because I like to make a Sys Config Backup before any patching. This is because occasionally a patch screws things up, and I want to go back to a previous version. Very few vendors provide such safety in the automated patch process. If PSI does so, it is not yet clear to me.

It told me that one of the 41 applications, which it knows about, was in need of manual upgrade, made if very easy for me to do so. I know I can add more applications, but have chosen not to do so for my IBM Access to AS/400 because I know I have a version of that which is over 10 years old. My employer cannot upgrade to latest IBM because of extortion practices of vendor software we run on the IBM platform.

For security reasons, I do not use Pay Pal, or credit card over Internet.
Hopefully there will be a link to an address to which we can send $ via check or money order to show our appreciation for this fine work.

There is an option to share with friends via Facebook + Twitter.
I suggest adding RSS Reader, e-mail, G+, Linked-In

Traditionally, PSI tells me about software on my PC, not add-ons to my browser, for which I use QUALSYS Browser Check.

--
-
Alister Wm Macintyre
Was this reply relevant?
+1

apcheapjewelry

RE: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
[+]

apcheapjewelry

[+]
moonlightvt RE: General Availability of the Secunia Personal Software Inspector 3.0 Final Release Launches Worldwide
Member 27th Aug, 2012 17:34
Score: 1
User Since: 26th Dec 2010
I for one do not like the new upgrade. It is no user friendly as you seem to imply.
Was this reply relevant?
+1

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer