|slawson2000||PSI found programs that are no longer installed.|
|28th Sep, 2012 02:38|
User Since: 28th Sep, 2012
System Score: N/A
PSI is altering me to update Office 2000 (word, excel, Outlook, etc). These are not installed on my computer. Where is PSI finding this information?
I have a newer version of office installed.
I would prefer to fix it so that PSI does not find it as opposed to PSI ignoring it.
Thanks in advance.
|Maurice Joyce||RE: PSI found programs that are no longer installed.|
|28th Sep, 2012 09:59|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
|What path does PSI give U?
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
U will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
U now have 2 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Update 33 08:58 28/09/2012
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 10 for Windows 7 SP1
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.