Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Maybe of interest

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
mogs Maybe of interest
Expert Contributor 3rd Oct, 2012 12:45
Ranking: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr, 2009
System Score: 100%
I came across the following article today...which I thought might be of interest to forum members :-
OCTOBER 02, 2012
Security startup launches first 'exploit blocking' program
ZeroVulnerabilityLabs claims its ExploitShield stops malware from exploiting a wide range of software vulnerabilities -- even zero days

By John E Dunn | Techworld
Silicon Valley startup ZeroVulnerabilityLabs has made available a free program it claims stops malware from exploiting a wide range of software vulnerabilities regardless of whether these flaws are publically known or not.

Available now in a beta version for consumers and non-profits (the business version requires a license), ExploitShield Browser Edition is designed to be "install and forget," the company said.

Once installed, the software named 17 applications as being protected, including the most common and troublesome ones such as Adobe Reader and Flash, Java, Microsoft Office, various browsers and a number of video players. Others may be added in future.

Security innovations pop up from time to time and this one represents a lateral approach to what has become a major - possibly the major issue - for consumers and businesses alike; how to secure PCs when software flaws crop up on an almost daily basis.

The overwhelming majority of Windows malware attacks now hook into common flaws as a way of infecting their targets with many automated using commercial exploit kits serving attacks from compromised websites. Patching is one answer but this can be exhausting. The number of flaws has become a major overhead even for single consumers.

Read more at :-
http://www.infoworld.com/d/security/security-start...

--

profvanniks RE: Maybe of interest
Member 9th Oct, 2012 10:01
Score: 1
User Since: 9th Oct 2012
System Score: N/A
Thanks for the information. I will test it. I was just wondering to what extent they provide added value to the internet security suites of major security vendors. For example, the Total Security Suite of Panda Security has TruPrevent technology that blocks proactively attacks. Norton Symantec has the Defense Layer Protection & Sonar technology integrated in their product. So, I was wondering if they really could provide an additional value.

--
My Secunia Fanpage: http://computeropschonen.com/secunia/
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability