xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Hereís why other people donít update their software (Not you, of ...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

See the original Secunia blog entry:
Hereís why other people donít update their software (Not you, of course. You know that security updates are important, right?!)

Secunia Hereís why other people donít update their software (Not you, of course. You know that security updates are important, right?!)
Secunia Official 20th Oct, 2012 00:14
Ranking: 0
User Since: -
System Score: -
Hereís why other people donít update their software (Not you, of course. You know that security updates are important, right?!)

mogs RE: Hereís why other people donít update their software (Not you, of course. You know that security updates are important, right?!)
Expert Contributor 20th Oct, 2012 00:14
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 20th Oct, 2012 00:43
"I've got the latest anti-virus and firewall !!"....."What else is there ?"......doesn't seem to be the next (question),logical leap, in a growing cyber threat awareness. In fact it's oft where the story ends it seems.....it stagnates in a seemingly common misconception that " if it mattered"....the OEM or Security provider would be doing it....patching that is. There's often a hole in the understanding from the beginning.
I was very lucky when I got my first computer (not quite silver nor late developer !!), about four years ago.....in trying to familiarize myself with so many aspects of it; I just happened to stumble across Secunia psi.....even a few users in my family, and extended: ( sociological term ! ) hadn't, or were.nt able, to enlighten me.
It was fortunate too, then, that I discovered the forum.
Whilst I read with interest your blog....because of it's placement on the Secunia site....I found myself wondering if it were designed to preach only to the converted; or would be seen elsewhere(?).....again it would seem more co-ordination is needed between OEM's....anti-virus/firewall providors etc., and Secunia and the subject of patching.
Maintaining Secunia's integrity and impartiality must, it seems to me; tend towards a kind of separatism and not closer co-operation/lliason with other vendors in getting the message to the fore ( psi free with etc).......by it's very nature.All else seems to be a possibly unacceptable slow pace of education !!
I have nothing but praise for Secunia's efforts and provisions.....every month of the year !!
Thankyou for the opportunity of engaging in the "conversation "......regards........

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer