Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: profile reload verification e-mail link not being received

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
3-northernpike profile reload verification e-mail link not being received
Member 6th Nov, 2012 13:48
Ranking: 9
User Since: 8th Jan, 2010
System Score: 100%
Hi!

Had to download PSI to a different computer...have version 2.0.0.3003...and noticed that I am showing up as an "unregistered user" in my dashboard.

Already have a Community Profile set up, and am having difficulty reloading it.

When I click on "unregistered user," and follow the indicated steps, there's a problem receiving the e-mail link, which I'm supposed to click on for verification, in order to successfully reload my community profile. I never receive the e-mail to click on the link!

I am using Windows Internet Explorer, ver. 8.0.6001.18702, with MS Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP3.

Looked in the forum, and didn't see any threads, so am hoping someone has had a similar issue which they figured out how to fix.

Grateful Regards,

3-northernpike

--
6poundnorthernpike

mogs RE: profile reload verification e-mail link not being received
Expert Contributor 6th Nov, 2012 14:24
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%

@3-northernpike

Your post prompted me to update my own set up !!

Recovering one's profile with psi 2.0.0.3003 was an issue quite some time ago. The stock reply at the time was that one did not need to be registered to use psi. As a consequence, that was how I'd left it.....been using as an unregistered user, but could still access the forum from psi.
After reading your post I decided to check it out again.....following the steps in the Recovery of Profile feature....it's worked like a charm !!
It may be worth noting tho' that Chrome Dev is my default browser and compatible with my email account.
I went from Configuration ( left hand side of psi )....then to Secunia Community Profile and Recover....

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer