Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: New V3

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
bibarnes New V3
Member 12th Dec, 2012 19:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Apr, 2010
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 12th Dec, 2012 19:04

This has been a trip. I did not like the format of the new V3. I uninstalled it and decided to go back to V2. Well that was a fiasco since I got a message from W7 that the PSI2.exe was not a valid program. I reinstalled the latest V3 and saw that the presentation is more like the old V2. I am beginning to question the ability of PSI to do what it is advertised to do since they can't seem to get the installs correct.

To me, being retired from hardware and software design for 45 years, that these companies change things for the sake of change and for what some young programmer with the business sense of a child thinks is "cool." I see all throughout the WEB.

The biggest comlaint I have with the new version is the slower processing. It takes 3 times longer to do a scan than it did in V2.

What is the deal with CSI? I haven't looked at it except for the flashy adds and grand promises of a better life.

--
Bibarnes

bibarnes RE: New V3
Member 12th Dec, 2012 19:08
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Apr 2010
OK the new and improved version of V3 tells me that I am 100% clean, but there are 2 programs listed as "examining program" one is Adobe Air and the other is Google Chrome. The funny thing is that I uninstalled Google Chrome. It seems that when you go to Adobe to get an update (because PSI desn't work correctly) tha Google Chrome gets installed also. I then uninstall it.

--
Bibarnes
Was this reply relevant?
+0
bibarnes RE: New V3
Member 12th Dec, 2012 19:23
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Apr 2010
This just keeps getting better. I looked at history and I find the following
2013-0-12 11:47 Adobe Air succesful
2013-0-12 10:49 Microsoft Intenet explorer 9.x Started Windows update
2013-0-11 20:58 same as above
2013-0-11 20:58 ditto

Can anyone tell me how Secunia knos what I am going to do next year?

--
Bibarnes
Was this reply relevant?
+0
E.Jeppesen RE: New V3
Secunia Official 13th Dec, 2012 13:35
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
System Score: N/A
Thank you for reporting. The issue with the incorrect time stamps will be fixed in the next release of the PSI.
Terradon RE: New V3
Member 13th Dec, 2012 22:26
Score: 9
User Since: 24th Sep 2009
You really have to watch when you install updates from Adobe. Undoubtedly there is a box checked by default saying that you want some other software installed. It could be Chrome, some search tool, or whoever they get money from to install the unwanted software. Sometimes you really have to look. I've been sure that there wasn't a box only to find it tucked away hiding in plain sight. For a company that is plagued with security issues, installing unrelated software with a security patch and then justifying it by saying that you can uncheck the box, is the height of audacity.

--
Don
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Intel Core 2Quad 8GB RAM 1000mb lan to cable
Was this reply relevant?
+1
M.Stengaard RE: New V3
Secunia Official 14th Dec, 2012 11:32
Score: 5
User Since: 6th Mar 2012
Last edited on 14th Dec, 2012 11:33
Hey

The "time stamp" issue has now been fixed. If you delete the cache in IE, the dates will show up correct in PSI.

Thanks for reporting this issue.

/Morten
Secunia

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability