Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Feedback on the web interface

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
xSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
daabm Feedback on the web interface
Member 20th Dec, 2012 22:38
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st May, 2011
System Score: 98%
Hi all at secunia. Since the xSI User interface is the same as PSI, here's some feedback on the web interface - mostly of course it sounds like criticism, although the site over all does a really good job!

- loading time is veeeeery long...
- login does not work with LastPass.com helper
- all elements could leverage an "alternate text" tag for ease of understanding
- new computer: "Access requested" is misleading, I think. "Requires approval" would fit better.
- Green/Red icons for new computers: No visible indication they are clickable, no feedback when clicked - until the site suddenly refreshes
- marking/unmarking a computer lasts at least 5 seconds, again no visual indication computers can be clicked
- takes a long time to prepare a collection of selected computers
- if all computers are selected and I want to see only one, I have to deselect (and wait...) all others.
- a summary view WITHOUT all "ok" programs would help to identify scores below 100% - typically, I'm most interested in programs NOT being up to date or programs contributing to my lower score for whatever reason.

Don't give up, there's always room for improvement ;-)) And given that this is a preview: Well done, very well!

And for the curious on interface design: http://www.interfacehallofshame.eu/www.iarchitect....
The original site has retired back in '99, but nothing they mention is wrong. Some things are real fun ;-))

regards, Martin

M.Stengaard RE: Feedback on the web interface
Secunia Official 23rd Dec, 2012 12:21
Score: 5
User Since: 6th Mar 2012
System Score: N/A
Thanks Martin,

Very good inputs. We will have a look at each of the items you mention and see what we can about it. Thnaks once again,

Morten

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+