Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: 2.0.0.3003 download link - continued

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as resolved.
taffy078 2.0.0.3003 download link - continued
Contributor 18th Jan, 2013 08:29
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: 100%
I've started this because the following is locked and I wish to respond.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/137...

I have to totally disagree that it was unwise of me to have referred Jesant13 to that link to v2 and others. To bartman1 and MattS1984 I would say that, yes, it would be better for Secunia to list these but I can understand their reluctance to do so and their preference to push the latest version.

There have been many previous requests to Secunia, including the one last July but all have been ignored.
Likewise, they will not warn against posting in the Vulnerabilities section - every now and again, an enthusiastic Secunia employee visits that section and slaps 'minus marks' (minimising posts) on anyone daring to give advice there, even if the advice is 'do not post here'. I see there have been some interesting casualties of late in that section! :o)

My rationale for posting was simple - I was being pragmatic, trying to help a new member.
Would I do it again? No. Maurice has explained his rationale and I will honour that.

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003

Post "RE: 2.0.0.3003 download link - continued" has been selected as an answer.

layohei

RE: 2.0.0.3003 download link - continued
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Maurice Joyce RE: 2.0.0.3003 download link - continued
Handling Contributor 18th Jan, 2013 10:33
Score: 11743
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
@taffy078

On rechecking that threat I agree. You gave the only link available that DIRECTLY answered the exam question & I have adjusted your score to reflect this.

Maybe the posters concerned should note it is unprofessional to hi- jack other peoples threads with irrelevance & to advertise via the backdoor by not using a hyperlink. If they want to comment on something that does not directly affect them they should create their own thread or contact Secunia Support.

You will note that one combatant is still asking a question. The answer is available for him on this website so why he bothered defeats me. Maybe I should add the link for him to my Quick Links which you pointed to!!!

Shovelling snow is more interesting so I will not respond any further.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability