Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
SmithJoe Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Contributor 25th Feb, 2013 11:26
Ranking: 143
User Since: 14th Jun, 2011
System Score: N/A
Hi,

the patch has been out for a week and there is still no update available in csi. Since the patches fixes a pretty serious issue i would like to know when to expect a patch

Andrew001 RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Member 25th Feb, 2013 21:44
Score: 0
User Since: 23rd Feb 2013
Hi,

looks like this Forum is not for Support :-(
I also wait for this Update and nothing maybe Secunia make his own Choices.
After that i fight against Secunia and try to Build a Package that Package will install again and again on the Clients.
My Tip build an msi and Publish it via GPO.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Starscream RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Member 26th Feb, 2013 00:30
Score: 1
User Since: 10th Nov 2011
It should be showing up in your CSI now. Mine started to appear last Friday. Could it be possible that your clients are not scanning frequently enough?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
csi@prealpina.ch Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Member 28th Feb, 2013 10:10
Last edited on 28th Feb, 2013 10:10 here i have another problem:
- after installing update, Acrobat shows the version 10.1.6
- but CSI is still showing the old version
- did a lot of installs again (with several update files) and did a lot of scans

CSI doesn\'t realize the new version is installed!!!

what\'s going wrong?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ponyboy RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Member 1st Mar, 2013 00:16
Score: 3
User Since: 25th Aug 2011
I'm seeing the same issue. I manually install Acrobat 10.1.6, but PSI/CSI keep saying all of these systems only have 10.1.5. Been like this for a few days. Heaven forbid anyone attempt to tell Secunia they are wrong about something. They don't listen to bug reports for issues like this and they don't follow the forum. Frustrating.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
SmithJoe RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Contributor 1st Mar, 2013 07:59
Score: 143
User Since: 14th Jun 2011
looking at the file version numbers the acrobat.exe still indicates that it is 10.1.5.x and that is actually a mistake that has been done on the dection side of secunia sps rules (superseeded rules, ...) because if you delete the registry key that is created during a csi package install wsus will offer the patch again.

My guess is that adobe "just" exchanged some files but not the main applikation or that the patch was rushed and they forgot to increase the version number.
Was this reply relevant?
+101
r.danailov RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Secunia Official 4th Mar, 2013 06:13
Score: 25
User Since: 3rd Jan 2012
Hi,

There were two problems with Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 which led to confusion among CSI users.

1. Overlapping detection rules which caused Acrobat patches to appear with a delay in CSI
2. Adobe released Acrobat 10.1.6 with incorrect version metadata pointing to Acrobat 10.1.5

While the first problem was resolved immediately after it was reported to us, the second problem remains. Secunia CSI needs the correct metadata for each software version to be able to accurately correlate this same metadata to Secunia VI database. If the metadata of a given software is incorrect, this is a vendor problem which we may be limited to solve.

Secunia is currently evaluating the existing possibilities to detect Adobe Acrobat correctly. However, as long as Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 holds incorrect metadata for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.5, we may remain limited to accurately detect this version. When we know more about an eventual resolution of the second problem, we will share this information here asap.

Kind regards,
/Rosen Danailov

r.danailov RE: Patch for Adobe Acrobat 10.1.6 still missing
Secunia Official 4th Mar, 2013 16:30
Score: 25
User Since: 3rd Jan 2012
Last edited on 4th Mar, 2013 16:31
Hi,

Secunia has implemented special rules for Secunia CSI to properly handle the incorrect metadata of Adobe Acrobat product, releases 9.5.4 and 10.1.6.

The new detection rules enable Secunia CSI 4/5/6 to display correctly the detection of the aforementioned versions of Adobe Acrobat, although their metadata remains incorrect.

To see the correctly detected versions of Adobe Acrobat, customers are required to re-scan their systems to download the new detection rules from Secunia Cloud.

Kind regards,
/Rosen Danailov

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability