Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: psi does not begin even to function

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
darpan psi does not begin even to function
Member 6th Apr, 2013 20:07
Ranking: 3
User Since: 28th Jan, 2011
System Score: N/A
Hallo, please help me to solve the problem, that suddenly this software seems to get stuck after showing only the initial "front page" (Sorry, my English is not so good) even after installing java plug in again only for secunia to work after 2 times de-installations and re-installations.
The Secunia icon in the taskbar only shows the text, that one program needs to be installed manually, but since I cant open secunia and start scanning, I cant even know which program is meant. I am a bit desperate, since Ive been using secunia already quite some time and found it very helpful.
I have laptop Samsung NP300E5A, Windows 7, Firefox. Of course java script is also aktivated.
Since I havent found any helpful answers in google, I now hope that in this forum will be someone who really has an idea, what could be the reason for this unusual frozen behaviour.
Thanks, darpan

mogs RE: psi does not begin even to function
Expert Contributor 6th Apr, 2013 22:10
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@darpan

It's probably easier if you read thro' the Frequently Asked Questions page here :-
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...

Please check your settings are as the first item ..... The Secunia PSI is stuck at "Verifying Internet connection..." and won't start. What can I do?

If you have recently updated your psi to a more recent version....which seems very likely.......you should not need the Java plug-in for it to work.

Hope it helps.......wait to read how you get on.....regards.......mogs

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1
darpan RE: psi does not begin even to function
Member 7th Apr, 2013 11:53
Score: 3
User Since: 28th Jan 2011
Hi mogs, I am soo grateful that you answered! I am going to study now your recommendations and the FAQ for PSI and will let you know, if and when I succeeded.
Thanks for now with greetings from Munich, darpan
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Apr, 2013 15:32
Hallo once again! After translating FAQ and taking the recommended steps SECUNIA FUNCTIONS again. Im soo happy - THANK YOU!
darpan
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Expert Contributor 7th Apr, 2013 15:54
@darpan

Really pleased that you've managed to get it all fixed up. Remember, you don't need that Java plug-in.... If you ever need to find the version of psi you have installed........right click on the tray icon...and then About.
If you feel the issue has now been dealt with; you can close the thread...as the originator of it...that will prevent tag-on posts and reminder e mails to your inbox.
Still cold here in the UK....but it's nice to keep in touch......mogs...........

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Apr, 2013 16:40
Hi once again and thanks for your further advices. Yes, I immediately removed gladly Java from my notebook since it is no more needed for secunia.
I am going to look now for closing this threat, if I cant manage it, could you please close it for me.
Soon it will get warmer...kind regards from darpan

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 7th Apr, 2013 17:27
@darpan

My fault.....I omitted to say that to close the thread you need to press Accept....

Regards.......mogs

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability