xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Mac OS X (and other platform) support?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
xSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
libove Mac OS X (and other platform) support?
Member 13th May, 2013 10:26
Ranking: 31
User Since: 12th Feb, 2008
System Score: N/A
I've loved PSI for a long time for home use. I sprinkle PSI installations behind me when I visit friends and families and non-business clients, like Johnny Appleseed.

Assuming that Secunia gets the hosted Console functionality right,
I'll consider xSI / SmallBusiness ideal for small to medium sized businesses who live almost entirely on Windows PCs.

But the medium sized business for which I'm the security manager lives about half and half on Windows and Mac OS X (plus a smattering of ubuntu Linux desktops!), and when I've looked at CSI (which does have support for Mac) I've not been quite convinced - it seemed a bit heavy to set up, and a bit confusing to manage. (Granted, I've not had time to give it the deeper dive it deserves).

Truth is, I'd really prefer a hosted solution. Will xSI support Mac OS X? When and how?

thanks!

E.Jeppesen RE: Mac OS X (and other platform) support?
Secunia Official 13th May, 2013 13:40
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
I have contacted our developers for assistance answering your question. Perhaps they will share some information about the planned future of Secunia SmallBusiness. I will update this thread if or when I receive a reply.
E.Jeppesen RE: Mac OS X (and other platform) support?
Secunia Official 15th May, 2013 11:58
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
I have now heard back from our developers. Support of Mac OSX in Smallbusiness is not something we are currently planning to implement.
libove RE: Mac OS X (and other platform) support?
Member 15th May, 2013 14:28
Score: 31
User Since: 12th Feb 2008
on 15th May, 2013 11:58, E.Jeppesen wrote:
I have now heard back from our developers. Support of Mac OSX in Smallbusiness is not something we are currently planning to implement.

Because, clearly, Small Businesses do not use Mac OS X in addition to Windows.

Sorry, sarcasm aside, I would like to know "Why not?"

We are a Cloud generation company. Our services are in the cloud. Nearly everything we create we generate using Cloud resources. We simply do not want to have to run a heavy internal IT infrastructure. Client devices are unavoidable. Servers to manage those client devices should be avoidable, and xSI being a slightly simplified version of CSI, rather than a very very slightly enhanced version of PSI, would meet that goal for us in one very key way - management of software updates.
It's a disappointment.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability