xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Let me choose the file folder Secunia PSI scans for out-of-date p...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
wayberly Let me choose the file folder Secunia PSI scans for out-of-date programs
Member 18th Jun, 2013 04:04
Ranking: 0
User Since: 18th Jun, 2013
System Score: N/A
It would be nice if I could select what file folders PSI checks for out-of-date programs.

I have a "Program Files" folder where all the programs that get registered go into
and
I have some files that are in a "My Programs" file folder that never get registered

But PSI never checks those files in the "My Programs" file folder
and I know for a fact that they some of them are in the PSI database.

So, If Secunia could find a way to let us choose the file folders PSI checks then we would get all our programs checked and make sure they are up to date.and secure.

mogs RE: Let me choose the file folder Secunia PSI scans for out-of-date programs
Expert Contributor 18th Jun, 2013 06:48
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@wayberly

Hello.
Worth remembering perhaps, that psi is a free security scanner, not a general updater.
As such it scans the drive/s of your choosing for vulnerable programs.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
How the Secunia PSI works
The Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) works by examining files on your computer (primarily .exe, .dll, and .ocx files). These files contain non-specific meta information provided by the software vendor only. This data is the same for all users, and originates from the installed programs on your computer - never from their configuration. Please read the privacy statement available at the bottom of this page and through the Secunia PSI application for more details about how information from your computer is used by Secunia.

After examining all the files on your local hard drive(s), the collected data is sent to Secunia's servers, which match the data against the Secunia File Signatures engine (https://psi.secunia.com/) to determine the exact applications installed on your system.

Hope it helps........regards........mogs

--
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer