Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Features/Functional requests for Small Business Service

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
xSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
NeilGo Features/Functional requests for Small Business Service
Member 4th Jul, 2013 21:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 4th Jul, 2013
System Score: N/A

I am trying to put all my requests together - since it seems threads are responded too and then locked, there does not seem to be any harm in grouping them up.

Controlling Client Settings:
I would like to be able to control from the web console the "PSI" settings on the managed clients:
1) Control which drives to scan
2) Control the update behavior setting

WebConsole Summary page:
3) As mentioned in other feedback on the forum here it would also be great if the Web Console displayed a status column indicating the last time the client had updated/communicated with the web-service/console.

Question on handing/managing "manual update required" type updates?
4) I would love to get some feedback/guidance from the Product team on how they envision the Small Business product being used for items marked as "Manual Install Required".

Provide Information/explanation of what the web console menu "Settings" is supposed to do?
5) So far it seems to change the installer? What does that mean?

Client xSI installer experience
6) Provide MSI installer package instead of EXE
OR
6) Provide guidance on what to look for to programmatically determine if the client already has the small business client. Is there an MSI Product code or Registry key we can check?
7) If you are not able to allow the console to change the update behavior of the clients, can you please provide a switch for install that can be combined with /silent to control auto-update behavior

Thank you!

-Neil

E.Jeppesen RE: Features/Functional requests for Small Business Service
Secunia Official 5th Jul, 2013 11:54
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
Thank you very much for all your detailed feedback and suggestions, it is much appreciated.
NeilGo RE: Features/Functional requests for Small Business Service
Member 5th Jul, 2013 20:13
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Jul 2013
Since its not locked yet :) a little bit more feature feedback:

Request: Support additional notification options

The PSI product has the ability for the user to mark items "Ignore updates to this program".

It would be nice if I could mark programs in the following additional ways/details

Either from web console or maybe from a config file that I could distribute set the following for a program, allow the following choices...

a) Notify Small Business Web Console only
b) Notify Local Admin users and Small Business console only
c) Notify Local users and Small Business Console
d) Ignore updates to this program

Reasoning:

Not every user who would be logged into a computer using this solution will have local admin rights. (i.e. everyday user vs. IT consultant or business IT admin).

I can also see situations where I would want to see that a client needs an update but not necessarily want the end-user to be prompted to do something.

Example being "manual update required" since so far in my testing, using the Web Console to force an update results in the update being stuck in "Updating" if the current logged in user is not a local admin.
Therefore I might want to see, in the web console, that I have manual updates needed so that I could schedule face/remote time at those computers so as to login as local admin to run the updates.

I hope this feedback is helpful.

-Neil
Was this reply relevant?
+0
NeilGo RE: Features/Functional requests for Small Business Service
Member 5th Jul, 2013 20:15
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Jul 2013
Another feature request:

Can the Small Business web console be configured to send an alert if the security scan hits a threshold?

Thank you again.

-Neil
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+