Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: psi won't work and neither will forum login

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Nikilet psi won't work and neither will forum login
Member 30th Jul, 2013 01:27
Ranking: 7
User Since: 15th Jul, 2008
System Score: N/A
I finally got the "Create a thread" to work so I'm making a new one. I couldn't get the login to work so I could add to my origina. It signs me in and then I just get the box that says "Please wait ..." -- same thing I went through last time I tried to use the forum.

My new install of PSI 3.0 would not open for me -- all day. After a few seconds I get notification that the program is not responding. I went ahead and uninstalled it. I just checked and it's working on my Vista machine. Guess I'll try once more.

Is this problem with not being able to get logged into the forum ever going to be remedied?

E.Jeppesen RE: psi won't work and neither will forum login
Secunia Official 30th Jul, 2013 08:27
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
Last edited on 30th Jul, 2013 11:46
We are aware of the log in issue and it will be fixed soon.

Until the issue is fixed users can still log in by navigating to another page once they see the “please wait” message. It can also be done by closing the "please wait" message and then refreshing the page.

Edit: The log in issue has now been fixed.
Nikilet RE: psi won't work and neither will forum login
Member 30th Jul, 2013 21:35
Score: 7
User Since: 15th Jul 2008
Just letting you know the extent of the problem on my end. This time, I did finally get logged in and the "Reply" option showed but no matter how many times I clicked on it, it would not respond. Just kept opening new pages and trying and finally got the "Reply" to actually respond and let me type this.

Is ALL this related, including the new psi 3.0 that installed on another computer not responding? I did uninstall it because after 24 hours it still would not open. All I got were notices telling me psi was not responding.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
E.Jeppesen RE: psi won't work and neither will forum login
Secunia Official 31st Jul, 2013 08:58
Score: 220
User Since: 24th Nov 2008
I have not heard about the issue with the unresponding reply button before and have not been able to recreate it yet, but thank you for mentioning it.

Since you are unable to open the PSI interface have you tried these steps in our FAQ? If not, please do.
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
Nikilet RE: psi won't work and neither will forum login
Member 31st Jul, 2013 16:46
Score: 7
User Since: 15th Jul 2008
Last edited on 31st Jul, 2013 16:53
Thanks for this link. I will open IE and try this.

I use CHrome as my default browser. Is there something I can do in this browser to help alleviate the problem because I had problems getting in again this morning?
-------------------------------------------------- ----
I just opened IE and my settings were already as described in that link you gave me. I had just as much trouble logging in as with Chrome, but did finally get in.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: psi won't work and neither will forum login
Expert Contributor 31st Jul, 2013 17:46
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 31st Jul, 2013 17:50
@Nikilet

Since Secunia have resolved the log on issue....I have found it better than ever.....using both Chrome Stable and the Canary platforms. Whereas I used to have to jiggle around with the browser zoom setting....always had to reset to 100% to log on.....now I can keep my preferred setting.
Have you left your chrome://flags/ at default....if not you might try resetting them.
In chrome://plugins/ I'm running with the Java and Chrome Remote Desktop Viewer ....Disabled.
Don't mean to intrude/complicate your thread....but hope it helps.....regards.....mogs

Edit.......Chrome Stable is default browser.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability