Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Add program

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
SylvioHaas Add program
Member 31st Jul, 2013 02:53
Ranking: 0
User Since: 31st Jul, 2013
System Score: N/A
Hi

I am not managing to add a program for PSI's updates management.
When I fulfilled the .exe (DDownloads_v2.03.0373.exe) , it says it is wrong, asks me to include Secunia among IE's authorized adresses, but IE is not my default browser, Chrome is.
Could you please inform, step by step, how do I add a program?
The program's name is DDownloads and their URL is
http://www.ddownloads.net/

Thank you very much.

Sylvio, from Brazil

mogs RE: Add program
Expert Contributor 31st Jul, 2013 07:53
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 31st Jul, 2013 07:56
@SylvioHaas

Although Chrome is your default browser.....psi still relies on some settings within IE.
As follows...copy of previous reply from Support.......
To submit software suggestions, first verify that all settings corrospond to those described in this item of our FAQ: http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal...
The Secunia PSI won’t load the interface or won’t complete scanning. What can I do?

Then, please keep in mind that not all files can be used to detect software, and some executables will therefore be rejected by the Software Suggestion feature. The file will need to have version information attached to it - to verify if this is the case, right-click the file you want to suggest, and select Properties > Version.

The file needs to have a version number appropriate to the actually installed version either in the "File Version", "Product Version", or "Version" field (The field shown as "File Version" at the top of this tab. The second "file version" is another field).

Emil R. Petersen
Secunia PSI Support

Hope the foregoing is of help....regards....mogs

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Add program
Handling Contributor 31st Jul, 2013 10:21
Score: 11710
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
According to the vendor it is in BETA.

http://www.ddownloads.net/blog/233-ddownloads-2-0-...

Secunia do not cater for programmes in ALPHA or BETA.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1
SylvioHaas RE: Add program
Member 31st Jul, 2013 16:32
Score: 0
User Since: 31st Jul 2013
Thank you all for answering, according to Maurice Joyce "DDownloads" is still Beta, for that reason I could not add it. Thank you very much!
(I included DDownloads within the trustable sites in IE, following mogs suggestion, thank you).

Sylvio, from Brazil.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: Add program
Expert Contributor 31st Jul, 2013 17:12
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@SylvioHaas

Glad that you have found sufficient explanation.....but I think you may have misread the part-FAQ with regard to what should be added to your Trusted Sites .............

Back in the Security tab, select the Trusted Sites zone and click Sites.
Type in the following and click Add to add it to the Trusted Sites list: https://*.secunia.com.
Click Close then OK.
Run the Secunia PSI again to view the scan results.
Please note that some Internet Security Suites (Kaspersky Internet Security is currently an example) have their own settings for trusted sites. In case you are using such a program, you need to allow “https://*.secunia.com” as a trusted site in this program as well as in Internet Explorer. If you experience any difficulty doing this, please contact the vendor of the program.

It is Secunia which needs to be the trusted site....I hope that is clear enough for you........
Regards........mogs.......

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
SylvioHaas RE: Add program
Member 31st Jul, 2013 23:50
Score: 0
User Since: 31st Jul 2013
Last edited on 31st Jul, 2013 23:51
Wow, more than four HOURS waiting to Login, I just managed to do it after cleaning my cache.
Anyway, I would like to thank mogs, as a matter of fact I did include Secunia as a trustable IE site and not DDownloads the way I wrote my reply, I did confuse myself while writing. It seems that Secunia PSI will include DDownloads, I will wait the requested time to see if it could be included even being a Beta program. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP, forgive me the delay in answering, but it was not my fault.
Sylvio, from Brazil.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability