xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI Reports WAMP Server Backup Files On External Drive Out Of Dat...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
MrSwilson PSI Reports WAMP Server Backup Files On External Drive Out Of Date (ie:PHP, MySQL & Apache)
Member 16th Aug, 2013 05:37
Ranking: 2
User Since: 20th Jun, 2013
System Score: N/A
G'day fellow forum members.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain the following to me (I'll try to keep it brief):

Prior to installing my latest fresh copy of 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium on my notebook I made a full copy of the www file of WAMP Server for backing up my web development work which I then stored on a thumb drive.

This was roughly a month back now.

Since then I have required a FAT 32 formatted drive for other purposes so I found my thumb drive with the least amount of files stored and temporarily transferred those files onto the notebook hard drive, one of these files being the www WAMP backup folder as previously mentioned.

I noted after performing a PSI scan that it reported PHP, MySQL & Apache versions being outdated, however these are only backup files and no installation of the software in mention has been performed.

Any ideas why this is and what files PSI is reading to assemble the report?

I should mention that I am not overly concerned since I have moved the files (incl. www) back to the thumb drive, rescanned with PSI and got the 100% tick of approval.

I guess this is curiosity more than anything else but if you have some input then please chime in on the conversation.

Thanks all.

mogs RE: PSI Reports WAMP Server Backup Files On External Drive Out Of Date (ie:PHP, MySQL & Apache)
Expert Contributor 16th Aug, 2013 12:14
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@MrSwilson

Is the following from the FAQ any help ? :-
The Secunia PSI has detected a program somewhere on my computer, but where?

To locate a detected program via the Secunia PSI, please do the following.

Secunia PSI 3.x
Right-click on the software you want to check. Select "Show details". Double-click the file location.

Secunia PSI 2.x
Go to "Scan Results" and click the “+” character next to the relevant program. Then click the yellow “Open folder” icon.

Secunia PSI 1.x
In the upper right corner click "Advanced" and "Ok" to the message box. Go to the tab where the relevant program is currently showing up. Click the “+” character next to the relevant program and then click “Open Folder”.

If you have followed the steps above you should now see the folder on your computer where the detected program is located. The Secunia PSI has also showed you the exact installation path and the name of the detected file. To examine the file you can right-click on it and choose Properties. The tabs should now show you the same information that the PSI is detecting including product name, product version etc.
.................................................. .................................................. ..

You should also be able to omit a drive from scanning if you wish....in Settings....and also ignore a detection.

Hope it helps....regards.........

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
MrSwilson RE: PSI Reports WAMP Server Backup Files On External Drive Out Of Date (ie:PHP, MySQL & Apache)
Member 18th Aug, 2013 11:30
Score: 2
User Since: 20th Jun 2013
System Score: N/A
Thanks very much for the reply

I will check out your suggestions and see how I go

Guess I will also need to follow my own advice as I have mentioned to certain others and check out the FAQ as you have suggested - oops - my bad.

Again - thank you for the input.

Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+