Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
brian2600 Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
Member 11th Sep, 2013 23:30
Ranking: 0
User Since: 20th Jun, 2013
System Score: N/A
Hello All,

You've probably seen this issue before. I'm running the PSI 2.0 linked to my CSI server. When I try opening up the PSI I get the horrid "waiting for data to load" screen. I have installed the psi as a local system service. I don't understand why there always seem to be an issue with this product. Does anyone know why this always happens?

Thank You

brian2600 RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
Member 12th Sep, 2013 17:13
Score: 0
User Since: 20th Jun 2013
System Score: N/A
BUMP
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
Secunia Official 16th Sep, 2013 15:31
Hi,

Could you elaborate on what exactly do you mean by saying 'installed the psi as a local system service'? Secunia PSI primary requirement is to be installed with a minimum Local Administrator account. Else, the application may fail to start or it may return expected errors.

Could you please re-install the PSI (the copy that is connected to your CSI) under a Local Administrator account and then try again to launch the application. I would expect the PSI to launch correctly after this.

Kind regards / Stay Secure
Rosen Danailov / Security+
Secunia Customer Support

gene1000

RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.

joe schmoe

RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia PSI 2.0 "waiting for data to load....."
Secunia Official 17th Sep, 2013 11:21
Hi,

To bring clarity to the current matter, I would like to elaborate more on the conditions to have PSI successfully running within a domain-based network where expected restrictions may apply.

Secunia PSI is developed to work well with just default Internet Explorer settings configured on the local system. Initially, PSI was only intended for home users and so problems with restrictive Firewalls / Proxies were not anticipated.

Ever since Secunia CSI 5.x, the PSI can also be used within a domain-based network through the integration with the CSI software. However, that also means that all domain-based network restrictions that may apply on the PSI may cause a technical error.

In most cases, the issue with the PSI is that users neglected the requirement to ensure proper direct internet access to the PSI. IE security configuration over the default Medium configuration could be one issue, other issues include Proxy / Firewall blocking of the PSI connections, and less likely but still possible are Certificate Revocation Lookup (CRL) issues. So, ensuring Internet Access to https://*.secunia.com is fundamental to ensure proper functionality of the PSI.

Finally, many users also neglect that PSI must mandatory be installed with a minimum of a Local Administrator account. PSI is an application that requires access to core system resources in order to provide scanning / patching in unattended manner and so unless it's been started with an appropriate set of privileges via the Local Administrator account, the PSI may fail to connect to provide its intended functionality.

The PSI maintains 'psilog.txt' log file within its installation directory that is usually very informative regarding the issues PSI faces when it's being launched. Should you need further technical assistance, you could send us the ''psilog.tx'' file to csc@secunia.com so that we handle your case and troubleshoot along the errors you're facing.

Kind regards / Stay Secure
Rosen Danailov / Security+
Secunia Customer Support

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer