Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI states more programs are out of date than it shows in list

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Lyn12345 PSI states more programs are out of date than it shows in list
Member 10th Nov, 2013 02:39
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Nov, 2013
System Score: N/A
I ran a PSI scan that said there were 10 (ten) programs out of date, but it only listed one program icon: Skype. I tried scanning again-same result. What is going on here? What are the other 9 out dated programs and where are they listed in PSI? Thanks!

mogs RE: PSI states more programs are out of date than it shows in list
Expert Contributor 10th Nov, 2013 08:55
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
@Lyn12345

Could it be you've got more old instances of Skype on your pc that psi is detecting ? Zombie files ?

The Secunia PSI has detected a program somewhere on my computer, but where?
To locate a detected program via the Secunia PSI, please do the following.

Secunia PSI 3.x
Right-click on the software you want to check. Select "Show details". Double-click the file location.

Secunia PSI 2.x
Go to "Scan Results" and click the “+” character next to the relevant program. Then click the yellow “Open folder” icon.

Secunia PSI 1.x
In the upper right corner click "Advanced" and "Ok" to the message box. Go to the tab where the relevant program is currently showing up. Click the “+” character next to the relevant program and then click “Open Folder”.

If you have followed the steps above you should now see the folder on your computer where the detected program is located. The Secunia PSI has also showed you the exact installation path and the name of the detected file. To examine the file you can right-click on it and choose Properties. The tabs should now show you the same information that the PSI is detecting including product name, product version etc.

Sometimes, tho' programs have been updated....the older version gets left behind....It happens with Chrome most notably.....the previous version/s need to be deleted manually.

Hope it's of some help....regards...mogs...........

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Lyn12345 RE: PSI states more programs are out of date than it shows in list
Member 11th Nov, 2013 15:11
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Nov 2013
System Score: N/A
That's a great thought..I'll check it out after the holiday (PC belongs to someone in an office-which is closed today). Thanks much!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability