Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
DoeZ TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE
Member 25th Feb, 2014 02:26
Ranking: 2
User Since: 14th Sep, 2013
System Score: 88%
Maurice Joyce if by chance you have found this you will now learn that somehow I can't even really access Secunia.com correctly...sounds crazy I know but I've been trying to answer my post from yesterday in programs and it's locked and I have no clue how that happened...and then after that I kept getting a blank page "try again" blah blah blah...Not gonna beat around the bush here but up in the address bar it won't let me type Secunia's name in and go to programs. There's a greyed out globe type thing and even if I try to type the http:// it kicks me out to the blank page and try again page. No clue whatsoever went wrong here on my Mozilla other than I found a "user.js.file, that is suddenly there...so now on top of trying to do your fix from yesterday I guess I'll be waiting to figure out what this "user.js.file," thing is now...

Can't anything nowadays be just simple & easy :(

--
“The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”

Maurice Joyce RE: TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE
Handling Contributor 25th Feb, 2014 10:52
Score: 11738
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
The reason the other thread is locked is because you activated the ACCEPT button.

Not sure what you mean - there is no real need to type http in the address bar:

Open IE and in the address bar type WALMART like this (it will auto fill in .COM/)for you:

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pxmzpAc5dXk...

Now activate the small arrow in the right hand side of the URL box & Walmart shopping web page will appear.

OR

type in WALMART & hit CTRL+Enter & get the same result.

If that works open a new tab & type in secunia & do exactly the same - this will appear

https://1ncuig.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2phV1BEBU...

You can now log in/navigate to the forum or do any research from here.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
DoeZ RE: TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE
Member 25th Feb, 2014 22:33
Score: 2
User Since: 14th Sep 2013
O Thank God you found me haha. So very sorry about that I truly didn't mean to hit any "accept" tab I was trying to click on the "Thumbs Up" but I had a spasm in my arm which twitched everything and caused that entire meltdown.

Today I'm on my laptop and I still see the greyed out globe...I don't think it's supposed to be greyed out like that because any other site I visit doesn't look like that. So I'm going to try your suggestion here and hopefully that'll work.

I did click on those 2 links you posted yesterday in re: to the patches for IE11...I'm pretty sure that's where I ended up and was trying to look thru it all and I did click on the 1st one and it didn't look familiar to me but when I clicked on the 2nd link that did look familiar and in that photo there where you have the arrow pointing at the Vendor Patch...On the right side of that where it says !Microsoft Internet Explorer 11x that's where I clicked and went from there. Always being felt like I was moving from one window to the next and feeling like I installed some items I didn't need...not that I can even remember what they were because all I really knew was that my IE11 was still unsecured. So now I'm not sure if I doing it right at all...Is it possible you can walk me thru getting these patches so it's fixed for once and all. I'd really appreciate it.

Wish there was a way to read your posts as I'm trying to follow your instructions and yet still be in that "Reply" mode to you with everything else I'm saying...So I guess I have to get out of here and try to fix "My Globe" issue and I'll be back to let you know those results.

Thanks so much

--
“The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.”
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 25th Feb, 2014 23:03
WINDOWS UPDATE.

Near your clock in the task tray is a white flag - RIGHT click on that & select OPEN WINDOWS UPDATE

Once the page opens select & click on CHANGE SETTINGS - now set up the options like this:

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pw2HHTA2VNo...

Once they are all correct click on OK

Immediately above CHANGE SETTINGS is another link called CHECK FOR UPDATES - click on it & it will auto scan looking for updates to download & install.

If it finds any updates install them. Once complete REBOOT the PC.

After the reboot run a FULL PSI scan & all should be in order.

Please note that Microsoft schedule two patch days per month.

1. On the second Tuesday of each month they release Security patches.

2. On the forth Tuesday of each month they release Non Security patches. ***

*** A patch was released today for Windows 7.

Hope this helps.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 26th Feb, 2014 02:08
on 25th Feb, 2014 10:52, Maurice Joyce wrote:
Open IE and in the address bar type WALMART like this (it will auto fill in OM/)for you:

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pxmzpAc5dXk...

Now activate the small arrow in the right hand side of the URL box & Walmart shopping web page will appear.

OR

type in WALMART & hit CTRL+Enter & get the same result.

If that works open a new tab & type in secunia & do exactly the same - this will appear

https://1ncuig.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2phV1BEBU...

You can now log in/navigate to the forum or do any research from here.

Ok when I did the Walmart one everything worked fine. Then I tried the Secunia one and when I went to the right to activate the small arrow...It had a LOCK there and when I went to activate it it just took me to this page.

https://www.google.com/search?q=SECUNIA&sourceid=i...

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 27th Feb, 2014 18:48
Last edited on 27th Feb, 2014 18:49
Sorry for the delay I have been away.

There would be a lock because it appears Google are using https? I do not use anything Google so really cannot comment further on what their browser or search engine does.

What happens when you click this?

http://secunia.com/community/forum/All_Threads/

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0

Maurice Joyce

RE: TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE
[+]
This reply has been deleted
Member 28th Feb, 2014 01:33
OMG...pulling my hair out over here. I've tried to reply 4x's now and I get down to the very end of my post and my pinky keeps hitting the enter and I lose everything I've typed. So frustrating >_<

We all have our own lives outside these walls and my time has been so sporadic...so it was no problem at all.

As for the "lock"...that actually came from my Firefox browser. I know I might have mentioned it in the past that I was a true Google Chrome person...BUT...I've seen the light. I don't use anything with Google other than for looking up info...but nothing else.

As for the new link you posted for me...I'm using my Firefox and it takes me right to the Secunia Forums. I just signed in from my IE11 and clicked that link and it brought me to the Forum as well.

I can't seem to find anywhere that will let me upload photos or attachments to show you what I'm doing or how I'm doing it...but when I go into the Secure Browsing tab and go to my IE11 this is what it says before I would double click...Microsoft Internet Explorer 11x. then there's a red X in a circle followed by...Unpatched, no vendor solution...then there are the bars for critical...in the small box of 4 squares 3 are grey and 1 is green...and then in the Advisory it reads...SA53193

Hope that helped a bit...I'm sure pics would have been better but...I'm still stuck in the unsecure browsing for my IE11x. and not sure what to do now.

I'll wait for your advice.

Thanks
DoeZ

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 28th Feb, 2014 08:50
I think I now understand.

Are you by chance using PSI version 2 & reading the results from the Secure Browsing Page for Advanced Users?

If that is the case run a full PSI scan - are all the programmes 100% on the main scan results page?

Now look at the Secure Browsing page - is it still stating E11 is Vulnerable?

I suspect the answer is yes & it points you to here:

https://1ncuig.bn1301.livefilestore.com/y2puT3cNsS...

Is this what you are concerned about?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: TRYING TO REACH MAURICE JOYCE PLEASE
Expert Contributor 1st Mar, 2014 14:14
Score: 2439
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 1st Mar, 2014 14:23
Hi ,

Just for information , the way Mozilla Firefox worked was normal ; it usually needs a dot plus suffix after the name to go direct to the website/page or it will open a/the search page (of your choice) for the given name (as per the link posted above) . A drop down of possible addresses will appear - depends on cache/internet history AFAIK .

I have not seen/noticed the lock myself but Google search uses https on opening : will see if I can find the cause when I get a moment .

EDIT: Using either http or https or neither does not seem to change anything on my Ff with Google search selected :eg: you need get the search page unless you specify .com in the address .

Google Chrome uses a slightly different system based on offering the best options as you type in the url box ; usually changing the address options as you go through .

Hope that helps.

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 1st Mar, 2014 18:40
on 28th Feb, 2014 08:50, Maurice Joyce wrote:
I think I now understand.

Are you by chance using PSI version 2 & reading the results from the Secure Browsing Page for Advanced Users?

If that is the case run a full PSI scan - are all the programmes 100% on the main scan results page?

Now look at the Secure Browsing page - is it still stating E11 is Vulnerable?

I suspect the answer is yes & it points you to here:

https://1ncuig.bn1301.livefilestore.com/y2puT3cNsS...

Is this what you are concerned about?

Sorry for the delay Maurice Joyce...got side tracked with grandson's illness.

The answer to ALL your questions is YES...although I'm not sure on the part where you asked if it was for Advanced Users...I never noticed that before...I just click the Secure Browsing tab and that's what comes up. Yours looks a bit different than mine but basically YES it most certainly looks like that.

Am I concerned...YES...because if it was fixed as in patched or whatever then why does it keep coming up as a "unsecured browser?" And looking at the number for vulnerability being a low number...it suggests that it still can be hacked because of the no patch or no solution.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 1st Mar, 2014 22:31
The Secure Browsing was introduced to give advanced users a little bit more information which allows for more detailed investigation of the facts by the user that are not supplied by Secunia.

How users interpret the advanced information & what they do about it remains a personal decision.

For example, I only use IE & have known about this very minor problem for a long time. After investigation my personal decision is to carry on as normal & totally ignore the issue given the probability of an exploit on a standalone home PC is zero.

Readouts from Qualy & Secunia SMB scans appear to support my viewpoint.

https://1ncuig.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pzrBQw_FzVh...

If you are concerned my only advice is to contact Microsoft Support & ask them when they intend issuing a patch or contact the author of the vulnerability. His site is here:

https://soroush.secproject.com/blog/2013/04/micros...

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 2nd Mar, 2014 00:14
Ok so I really don't have anything to worry about? Even if it shows up like that on my other desktop as well?

How come yours looks so different than mine? Meaning yours comes up as a red logo and different name I guess you would say. I don't think I've seen that update in that style. Qualys Browser Check...I've never seen that before is what I'm saying.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 2nd Mar, 2014 01:14
What I am saying is:

If you complete a full scan using PSI on both your PC's & the results shows all your programmes are up to date then no action is required.

If you then use the advanced user option (Secure Browsing) page in PSI version 2 there may be a slight difference. It is then up to the user to investigate further if more information is required to make a Risk Assessment.

In this instance I personally am not bothered by a very minor issue with IE11. Others may think differently in which case they should contact Microsoft Support or the Vulnerability Author or get a second opinion from another browser checker.

Not sure what is different to yours? I do not use any version of PSI on a permanent basis & cannot see anywhere in this thread where I have published anything extracted from a PSI scan result that you can compare to.

Qualy's are a major International Company dealing in all things Security & are nothing to do with Secunia. On occasions I use their browser checker for reference.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 2nd Mar, 2014 23:52
Where would I find another Browser checker? I'll have to research more and ask in the Microsoft forums.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 3rd Mar, 2014 00:28
Last edited on 3rd Mar, 2014 10:07
Search for browsers checkers on the web or use Qualy's.

Qualy's checker is here:

http://www.qualys.com/free-tools-trials/browserche...

If Qualy's is used your results should look like this:

https://1ncuig.bn1304.livefilestore.com/y2p4nF3mUg...

I will unsubscribe as there is no further help I can give but good luck with your endeavours in getting Microsoft to issue a patch.Please bear in mind that from all the evidence I have given you this issue is regarded by the author & Secunia as a WEAKNESS not a vulnerability & it has no CVE.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 3rd Mar, 2014 16:21
Ok will do. Thanks again for all your help here I really appreciate it.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability