Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Log-in problems

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as resolved.
Anthony Wells Log-in problems
Expert Contributor 1st Mar, 2014 16:07
Ranking: 2429
User Since: 19th Dec, 2007
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 1st Mar, 2014 16:12

Hi ,

For a few days now , I am unable to log_in when I have opened directly and am on this website using Google Chrome . When I click "reply" within a thread , the log-in splash window appears but remains completely blank , the main page is slightly greyed out. The same happens most of the time with Firefox .

The Community My Profile box is missing my Name and Email entries whilst User Name and password 'dots) are displayed .

If I enter by opening the PSI and selecting the Community then I need to use a Firefox (default browser) password and I get to the website and am welcomed by name and my PSI and Community profiles are correctly filled out .

Most annoying .

Hopefully Support will see this on Monday .

Is anyone else having similar problems ??

The inability to "magnify" and then use a horizontal scroll when viewing the website in chrome is still a problem after some years now and is equally seriously annoying for those with vision deficits .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela

Post "Log-in problems" has been selected as an answer.
Leendert Kip Log-in problems
Member 1st Mar, 2014 16:43
Score: 65
User Since: 22nd Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Anthony, I didn't log-in recently so I just echecked. Almost the same problem with Firefox and IE. Log-in only works via Communinity Login. But my profile info seems to be OK.

--
PC: JJ Computer Services
Intel Core I3 2100 3.1Ghz
DDR3 Kingston ValueRam 4GB 1333
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 9
Mozilla Firefox 31NL

Laptop: MSI GT780DX
Intel Core I5-2450
DDR3 RAM 6GB
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits SP1
Secunia PSI 3.0.0.9016
Internet Explorer 11
Mozilla Firefox 31NL
Was this reply relevant?
+5
Anthony Wells RE: Log-in problems
Expert Contributor 2nd Mar, 2014 18:09
Score: 2429
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi LK ,

Thanks for your input .

I have just found at the top rhs of the Community webpage - and probably all the other pages - a "Login" box with a dropdown menu which includes "Community Login" whiere I can enter my details and gets me greeted by name and links work . After getting in , the dropdown then offers "Community Logout" .

Only done this with Chrome but I would guess it appears under all (?!) browsers .

Now if we just had the horizontal scroll in Chrome - don't hold your breath .

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: Log-in problems
Contributor 2nd Mar, 2014 23:28
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
Hi Anthony & Leendert

There must have been a 'wobbly' on the PSI servers yesterday-I spent almost an hour trying to log in via
DuckDuckGo.Secunia>Community log-in>Password/Username. Then I posted to the wrong thread-that mistake was entirely on me but not the trouble logging in to the Forum. I finally had to change my password that was set-up in Roboform & I had used this for years-works OK today-at least this time.

Cyberworld sometimes just seems to go wonky for no reason. Hope this finds both of you in good health & humor. Keep smiling it makes folks wonder what you're
up to. Can't offer any more help or offer any useful suggestions :(( Maybe the calamity has self-healed.

Anthony 1 quick question though. Does NoSquint not work in Chrome? It does a wonderful job in Firefox. Not holding breath for horizontal scrollbar but I will keep my
fingers crossed. I hope both of you have had a nice weekend so far, been nice on this side of the 'Big Pond'
but Ol' Man Weather raising his ugly head once again
this week-we just can't seem to get winter to wind down.

Anyhow good to hear from both of you.

Regards,wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 24.4.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+5
Expert Contributor 7th Mar, 2014 21:22

Hi OGSO ,

No change in the log_in situation and no input from Support , so nothing new there :(( but I'll keep smiling !!:))

NoSquint only works in Ff as its appears to be a designated Ff add-on ; I'm using it now but , au contraire , I cannot find a good spellchecker for my Ff . The reverse is true for Chrome and with my newly razored eyes can just about see the Chrome display of this site but it is mighty annoyingly small . I would simply like to use the browser I'm in to come here whenever I wish rather than be the subject of some (shoolboy) Web Master's (an oxymoron if ever there was one) whim .

You shouldn't ask really , but down here (SOF) the last two months have been super warm with plenty of rain and lots of sunshineand now we have our Spring (UK Summer) some two weeks early (20C today) - Almond trees in glorious white blossom and Cognassier(Pseudocydonia) in many shades of red ; just waiting for the Forsythia to add it's dazzling yellow to replace the Mimosa for a full eyeball !! :)))) The Tamaris and it's full spectrum of pink to purple not far off and will fill the hedgerows as far as the eye can see .

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognassier_du_Japon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forsythia

https://www.google.fr/search?q=Mimosa&client=firef...

https://www.google.fr/search?q=Tamaris&client=fire...

Just had a power out coutesy of my landlord but whether or not it was because I was running Ff in Sandboxie , when I restarted all my tabs and this box were fully restored - have had the same happen in Chrome as well - so no hair torn out , at least not just yet , but as I'm about (tomorrow) to change from my tried an trustedXP SP3 32 bit to a hairy W 8.1 64 bit mini monster : well who knows !!!! May even be lumbered with the PSI version 3.x . How nauseating will that be ??

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 11th Mar, 2014 16:19

Hi LK and OGSO ,

I have W8.1 64 bit up and running ; despite M$/Windows Acount registration being a farce and a bug bear , but I have some tips to get rid of the problem !! Norton (pre-installed)made a mess of itself and the update from 8 to 8.1 ; Norton removal tool dealt with it :))

Windows compatibility told me to go to/set the W8 as 1366x768 screen resolution and on my 32" Flat Screen , this has allowed me to default zoom at 125% and with huge font I can just about live with this website in Chrome , even if it still relatively pretty small compared to the rest of my sites . Presently using Ff and NoSquint .

I downloded the PSI 2.0.0.3003 and it started straight away with the default IE11 settings and got my profile back tout de suite :))) Just makes you think .

I really like the way W8 lets you make things BIG .

Having mentioned blossoms they are all out now and want a mention , especially the cherries and the plums !!???

Gotta go .

Take care y'all .

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 14th Mar, 2014 16:29

Okay . Nothing new from me and no input from Secunia !! So I'll wish you both a pleasant weekend - LK won the coin toss (tails) :))

Take care

Anthony

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability