|NormanS||Windows Process Explorer|
|19th Mar, 2014 22:51|
User Since: 18th Jan, 2009
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 19th Mar, 2014 22:52
Notwithstanding that I have replaced Windows 7 Task Manager with Microsoft's Process Explorer, fresh scans by Secunia's PSI displays Microsoft Process Explorer 14.x as not updated.
How can I get PSi to stop reporting Process Explorer as a program that needs to be updated when that is not the case.? Proof: When I press on Ctrl+Shift+Esc up pops Process Explorer, a program vastly superior to Task Manager.
NOTE: Prior to my downloading Process Explorer after this week's scan by Secunia, Process Explorer was not even installed.
|Maurice Joyce||RE: Windows Process Explorer|
|20th Mar, 2014 09:33|
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
| If PSI is reporting version 14 what path does it show you ?
FINDING A FILE PATH USING PSI
From the DASHBOARD page click on SCAN RESULTS.
1. This will list all your programmes with a + to the left of each programme.
2. Click the + sign next to the item that U want help with.
3. This will reveal the path under DETECTED INSTANCES.
4. Below DETECTED INSTANCES you will see this You can double click this row for additional information & options>double click it>a box will appear>look to the RIGHT & U will see TROUBLESHOOT REPORT in BLUE writing under the heading TOOLBOX> click TroubleShoot Report & it will reveal some information in a box>highlight the information revealed from ---START--- to ---END--- & copy it (CTRL+C) then post it to the Forum (CTRL+V)
This version does not have such an easy method to publish the path.
Open PSI>once open select Show Programs.
You will now see a page full of programme icons or a list.
Right click on the programme in error>select Show Details - that will open a box showing the path & version number of the offending file.
You now have 3 options:
1. Write down the exact file path & install version - return to the Forum & type that information.
2. Take a screen shot & publish that.
Last Reviewed 08:32 20/03/2014
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
|ddmarshall||RE: Windows Process Explorer|
|20th Mar, 2014 12:44|
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
|Where did you get a copy of Process Explorer 14? The official Microsoft download is Process Explorer 16.2 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb...
PSI detects my copy of Process Explorer 16.2 correctly.
This answer is provided “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it.
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.