xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isu...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Macrovision
And, this specific program:
Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control 5.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
TonyB. how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isusweb.dll
Member 17th May, 2014 03:44
Ranking: -34
User Since: 1st Nov, 2013
System Score: N/A
How do i remove these Please i have version 6 and that autostart i have tried all the tricks in the book even renaming it and nothing works it always repair itself . So what is the solution please? I look for version 5 in downloaded program files but that one is not there but secunia thinks it is ???? version 6 is the one auto repairing itself.

Maurice Joyce RE: how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isusweb.dll
Handling Contributor 17th May, 2014 09:47
Score: 11720
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
What did you find using the Comd Prompt as per this thread?

https://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/14...

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TonyB. RE: how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isusweb.dll
Member 17th May, 2014 17:27
Score: -34
User Since: 1st Nov 2013
Last edited on 17th May, 2014 17:32
what did i find nothing version 5 is not there at all not in the downloaded program files. and version 6 is here C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\6, but version 5 is not here were secunia says it is C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files, i have tried to rename version 6 it just fixes itself, i cant do anything with version 5 as it is not here at all.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isusweb.dll
Handling Contributor 17th May, 2014 20:48
What syntax did you use to try & find it using the Comd Prompt?

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TonyB. RE: how to Get rid of Macrovision Update Service ActiveX Control (isusweb.dll
Member 17th May, 2014 22:04
i right clicked the entry in Secunia and went to the directory but nothing was in there at all the folder is empty. version 6 i did find but every time i rename it all it does is fix itself.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 17th May, 2014 22:10
OK i went to the command prompt and being familiar with Dos as i use to use it all the time, i went in the directory it says it is in and it's there i tried to rename it and when i did i rebooted , i went back in and it repaired itself went from .old to .dll all by itself i don't get it, but i guess i;m stuck wit it unless i find a way to remove them, has anyone found that?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Handling Contributor 17th May, 2014 23:06
I will leave it . I nor any other helper can see your PC - unless you explain your actions we cannot advise.

What is required is the syntax you used and ideally a screen shot of the Downloaded Program File Directory from the Comd Prompt.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability