Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia please fix your software

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
This user no longer exists Secunia please fix your software
Member 23rd May, 2014 18:20
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Jan, 1970
System Score: N/A
Ever since PSI came out it's more trouble than it's worth sometime. I've been using v2 since the first time I tried v3 it just automatically updated software without asking first.

Well I playing with v3 now and dug a little deeper and found out that you can turn off auto updating but it's still has issues. As others have stated 'a script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly...'
Please start from scratch and make a PSI that does not use the IE engine internally. While you are at it, remove the MU requirement. There should be no need for this. It also launches IE which is an insecure browser and yet PSI is supposed to be about security. :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h6LTPO8yE4

Philip_Goddard RE: Secunia please fix your software
Member 26th May, 2014 10:06
Score: 0
User Since: 26th May 2014
System Score: N/A
Today I've finally decided to kick Secunia PSI off my system. It's a great idea, but to be a real security aid it must work properly, and at least on my Win8.1 x64 system it doesn't. Although it has updated the odd programs successfully, time and again it nags me about programs that purportedly need updating, and it either fails to update the respective programs (usually the process hanging) or / and it alerts me to necessary updates for programs that have already been updated to the current version. It does this latter especially with Google Chrome and Adobe AIR, reminding me, day after day, of updates that it says I need to make, but which I actually made days or even weeks ago.

I have no place on my system for the little boy who was always crying "Wolf!", and so I'm getting shot of Secunia PSI. That would be little loss for me anyway, because I already get Software Informer notifications of new versions, and in any case I generally use applications' own 'new version' notifications or auto-update facilities, and, in the case of security software, I always manually do an updates check before doing a scan.
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+