Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PCMatic - Anthony Wells

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Open Discussions

This thread has been marked as locked.
taffy078 PCMatic - Anthony Wells
Contributor 14th Jun, 2014 10:38
Ranking: 408
User Since: 26th Feb, 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 14th Jun, 2014 10:39

Two & a half years ago, when I was a Secunia 'innocent', I created a thread (link below) about problems caused by a new program - PCMatic - and Anthony gave words of wisdom about not being taken in by media-hype. I struggled to decide what to do and so did nothing.

Only now have I not renewed PCMatic. It is because of their their recent media statement*** that Symantec is "throwing in the towel, believing that traditional anti-virus (eg Norton Internet Security) is "dead & ineffective". According to PC Matic, only their product gives full protection for all computers (including XP users) against all threats. They even claim that only PCMatic can prevent CryptoLocker!!

I have NIS so was concerned enough to look for the original article***. I found that the author of the article/advertisement is in fact their founder, CEO and sole stockholder. Worse, they have been accused before of false reviews (e.g. http://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/article/10884468...).

Thus fully backing up what Anthony wrote all those months ago.

Of course to cover myself I have to say that it could be that Symantec Norton and all of the other computer industry experts who have attacked PCMatic are wrong, that PCMatic are in fact correct in their claims so users/potential users will have to judge for themselves, remembering Anthony golden rule "Caveat Emptor - Lef the Byer Beware"!

Edit: adding link
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/116...

--
taffy078, West Yorkshire, UK

Desktop: Compaq Presario (OEM) 32 bit / AMD Athlon / 2 GB RAM
XP Home - SP3/ IE8/ Norton IS - Secunia PSI v2.0.0.3003

Laptop: Win 7 / IE11 / PSI v2.0.0.3003

Anthony Wells RE: PCMatic - Anthony Wells
Expert Contributor 18th Jun, 2014 11:06
Score: 2414
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

Hello taffy ,

Kind words .If I were young and innocent , I might blush !!

So , no chance of that :)))

At least you know how lies are so easily told yet often difficult to disprove : the CryptoLocker "claim" is a dead give away in this case for multiple reasons including that nothing is 100% sure except death and taxes .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability