Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Scan stops at step 7 of 8

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Hummer5 Scan stops at step 7 of 8
Member 28th Jun, 2014 22:19
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Feb, 2012
System Score: N/A
Last edited on 28th Jun, 2014 22:27

I have PSI 2.0.0.4003 & have successfully scanned my pc. (Never upgraded to v.3). This past week, the scans stop the scan progress at step 7 of 8. Step 7 is "Matching data with Secunia File Signatures Engine." Then the Alert window appears that says "Scan Aborted." The Secunia icon is red in my notification area.

My Dashboard shows 100% Secunia System Score. The State of Programs also shows 100%score.

The first column (100% current state) says: "Insecure": 0; "End of Life:" 0; "Patched": 63. Total Scan Results: 63.

The second column (100% last week) shows everything is ok & 64 programs "patched." Total Scan Results: 64.

The Scan Results of the current state don't tell me what is "insecure", or why the scans are aborted at step 7 & the icon is red in the notification area, yet my score is 100%. Am I missing an update? I hesitate to upgrade to v.3 because of problems other psi users seem to have.

Thanks for any help.

E. Sheldon

Anthony Wells RE: Scan stops at step 7 of 8
Expert Contributor 29th Jun, 2014 20:03
Score: 2429
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hi ,

I do not know if this is relevant or not , but my PSI 2.0.0.3003 failed to run it's scheduled weekly scan on Wednesday( the 25 th last) .I ran a full scan earlier today at 17.09 CET and it completed correctly and over it's normal time (57 secs) .

Have you tried a scan in the last hour or so ??

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Hummer5 RE: Scan stops at step 7 of 8
Member 29th Jun, 2014 20:39
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Feb 2012
Reply to Anthony: Tried scanning today (6/29) three times. Now scans show I'm 100%, nothing "insecure" with a green Secunia icon in my notification area, BUT the scan hangs at step 4 (68%) & never finishes.

Mysteriouser & mysteriouser!

E. Sheldon
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Hummer5 RE: Scan stops at step 7 of 8
Member 29th Jun, 2014 21:00
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Feb 2012
Scanning finally completed itself with a score of 100%. I guess my problem is solved. Still don't know why the first scans showed "insecure" (0) with a score of 100%.

E. Sheldon
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Scan stops at step 7 of 8
Expert Contributor 29th Jun, 2014 22:36
Score: 2429
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello again ,

The PSI Dashboard , Scan Results module ,etc., displays the last successfully completed scan results for your machine and which are held by Secunia on their server(s) . So your "0" insecure and 100% would relate to an earlier scan :ie: before your troubles , with those results being the last available from the server. Any problem with "normal" connection to the server - possibly the problem in your and my cases was a specific scan problem :eg: with one of the PSI's processes - would not update those results but they would continue to be displayed by the PSI's GUI .

Usually , when there is a complete server block , this Forum is full of posts . So , it may just have been peculiar to version 2.x , your server allocation and your/my particular set-up and/or ... . Whatever if it's no longer broke , we ain't gonna fix it !! OK??

PS: If you wish a more specific answer mail support@secunia.com as it is doubtful they will respond here .

Take care

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability