Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia Plugin Crashed SCCM

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
FromTheUnderground Secunia Plugin Crashed SCCM
Member 1st Jul, 2014 20:59
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Jul, 2014
System Score: N/A
We are running SCCM 2012 R2 and have the Secunia CIS 6.0 plugin installed (1.5.0.3004)
Whenever we launch SCCM console and try to access the Secunia plugin, SCCM crashes with the following error:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: LRE420M52QQYT0KWXNWESOVVMQF5I2RH
Problem Signature 02: 5.0.7958.1000
Problem Signature 03: 5230d1aa
Problem Signature 04: secunia_sc2012_plugin
Problem Signature 05: 1.5.0.3004
Problem Signature 06: 53304513
Problem Signature 07: 68
Problem Signature 08: 52
Problem Signature 09: System.Exception
OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.400.8
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: f3d5
Additional Information 4: f3d5be0cad2787556264647dc02181c3

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=190175

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to resolve this. We have uninstalled and reinstalled and the same issue occurs.

Thanks.

This user no longer exists RE: Secunia Plugin Crashed SCCM
Secunia Official 3rd Jul, 2014 13:40
Hi,

I believe you have installed a 32-bit version on the server whereas you should be running the 64-bit if the server is 64-bit, which I assume it's the case about Server 2012 R2. Could you please check this theory and update us with the status later on?

Kind regards / Stay Secure
Rosen Danailov / Security+
Secunia Customer Support
FromTheUnderground RE: Secunia Plugin Crashed SCCM
Member 3rd Jul, 2014 19:22
Score: 0
User Since: 1st Jul 2014
System Score: N/A
I uninstalled the plugin and installed the 64-bit version and the plugin now works on the Windows 2012 server.

I however cannot get the plugin to work on a separate machine. Server is 2008 R2 (64-bit) and I have tried to install the 64-bit plugin and the 32-bit plugin. SCCM console locks up every time I try to access the plugin. This server connects to the same SCCM instance as the above one.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Secunia Plugin Crashed SCCM
Secunia Official 7th Jul, 2014 09:08
Hi,

Is it true that the Software Update Point (WSUS) of the SCCM is also installed on the Server 2012? If this is correct, then the connection fails because of known incompatibility on the Microsoft platform.

Windows Server 2008 R2 uses the so called WSUS Administration console (version 3.x) while the Server 2012 uses RSAT (version 4.x) to perform connections to WSUS.

Basically, Microsoft makes it impossible for WSUS Administration console version 3.x to connect to RSAT version 4.x, thus making the two console versions incompatible.

Secunia CSI and the SC2012 Plugin both rely on the Administration console (or RSAT) to connect and publish to WSUS. If the consoles are incompatible, the SC2012 plugin may fail as you reported.

Could you try installing the SC2012 plugin on another remote Server 2012 instead? We expect this to work well for you. Let us know if you still encounter any technical issues.

Kind regards / Stay Secure
Rosen Danailov / Security+
Secunia Customer Support

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+