Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Mozilla Foundation
And, this specific program:
Mozilla Firefox 3.0.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
JL Krol ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10
Member 15th May, 2009 19:25
Ranking: 4
User Since: 10th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
My ATT-Yahoo homepage just "blew" up. Text and picts scattered all over the page. This happened with two other Firefox versions, and a re-install corrected the issue for a while before the problem returned. Re-installs cause me to lose my bookmarks. Anyone else out there with this issue on a Toshiba laptop using XP Media Center Edition (of XP Pro)/SP3? How do I correct this? Thanks in advance.

wr RE: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10
Contributor 15th May, 2009 21:05
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
Not having a problem w/ Firefox & used it since v.1.xxx. Do you have FF set as your default browser? Altho there's literally 100's of browsers available some websites fail to resolve properly when opened by a browser other than IE. Sounds more like a graphics problem-maybe update driver/s, faulty card, or you need Flash Player or Java. Might also check for FAQ @ http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/

Good luck, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JL Krol RE: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10; Firefox a turtle
Member 16th May, 2009 04:58
Score: 4
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
Last edited on 16th May, 2009 05:05
Thanks for your advice. Called ATT-Yahoo Tech Support uses(uses IE), and the person I got was very familiar with Firefox (a rarity in my experience). Because of him, the page layout issue was cleared up, and Firefox now runs like a rocket. What the tech had me do was this: (Go to) Tools, options, Privacy. Now under cookies, go to "Show Cookies" and then REMOVE ALL COOKIES, close the window. Now, go to Private Data, (you'll find) the box "Ask me before clearing private data" is the only box checked, click on "Settings," (you should find "browsing, download, saved forms and search history, cache, and authenticated sessions" checked), click OK, return to the first window showing Private Data and click on CLEAR NOW, (you'll get a pop-up showing "browsing history, cache and authenticated sessions" checked) click on CLEAR PRIVATE DATA NOW, (you've now exited that pop-up and will return to the first pop-up) click OK. Exit Firefox v.3.0.10. Re-open Firefox. All cookies (except the ones you should have with ATT-Yahoo) have been removed, and Firefox will no longer be a turtle! The Tech explained that I must have picked up some cookies I shouldn't have had, and that I should regularly go through this routine to keep Firefox performing at its best. HOPE THIS INFO HELPS OTHER USERS OUT THERE.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10; Firefox a turtle
Contributor 16th May, 2009 17:22
Hi JL good to know you resolved problem & posted results here, that may help someone else. In order to not have to go through that whole routine of periodically cleaning browsing history, cookies, etc. simply open FF & open Tools Options then under Privacy you will have options in 3 sections-History, Cookies, Private Data. You then have the options to have FF clean this data when it closes automatically so you don't forget to do it or have to be bothered with doing it. Hope you have a enjoyable weekend.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
JL Krol RE: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10
Member 18th May, 2009 05:56
Score: 4
User Since: 10th Dec 2008
Last edited on 18th May, 2009 05:56
Thanks for the encouragement in trying to clear up my Firefox v.3.0.10 issue. I used to clear private data from the toolbar when I remembered, but since I executed the directions stated in my previous post, I now have Firefox set to clear my private data every time I exit FF. This helps me a lot! Hope others can benefit should they find FF slowing down and/or getting a home page that looks like it exploded.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: ATT-Yahoo homepage layout issues with Firefox v.3.0.10
Contributor 18th May, 2009 18:23
Making the Cyber world safer & easier to travel through-that's what it's all about. Hope you have a pleasant & safe journey.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+