Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Spelling mistake

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
amhoyle Spelling mistake
Member 28th May, 2009 14:46
Ranking: 1
User Since: 7th Nov, 2008
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 28th May, 2009 14:47

Nice release, and much faster. A couple of bad wordings and spellings in the Secure Browsing tab:

"This page illustrates what you, as a minimum, need to do and be aware of, before launching your browser and head out on to the World Wild
Web:

Make sure you browser is up-to-date with the latest security patches
Make sure that programs and plugins that are integrated directly with your browser are up-to-date with the latest security patches
Verify that your browsers or its plugins don't have known security issues for which no security patches have been released from the vendor (unpatched vulnerabilities)
Be careful and vigilant. Don't accept anything - don't ever say "Yes", "Run", or "Install" to anything if you don't know exactly what it is.
Once you can cross of all 4 from this list, you can rest assured that automatic attacks (e.g. drive-by installation of malware) through your browser is a thing of the past."

I think "of" say "off" and the italic words need adding so the sentence makes sense.

Nice release, and much faster.

J.Balle RE: Spelling mistake
Secunia Official 28th May, 2009 16:55
Score: 10
User Since: 25th Nov 2008
System Score: N/A
on 28th May, 2009 14:46, amhoyle wrote:
Nice release, and much faster. A couple of bad wordings and spellings in the Secure Browsing tab:

"This page illustrates what you, as a minimum, need to do and be aware of, before launching your browser and head out on to the World Wild
Web:

Make sure you browser is up-to-date with the latest security patches
Make sure that programs and plugins that are integrated directly with your browser are up-to-date with the latest security patches
Verify that your browsers or its plugins don't have known security issues for which no security patches have been released from the vendor (unpatched vulnerabilities)
Be careful and vigilant. Don't accept anything - don't ever say "Yes", "Run", or "Install" to anything if you don't know exactly what it is.
Once you can cross of all 4 from this list, you can rest assured that automatic attacks (e.g. drive-by installation of malware) through your browser is a thing of the past."

I think "of" say "off" and the italic words need adding so the sentence makes sense.

Nice release, and much faster.

Thanks for the kind words and feedback. We have corrected it accordingly.

Best regards,

Jakob
Anthony Wells RE: Spelling mistake
Expert Contributor 28th May, 2009 21:32
Score: 2414
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Obviously such critical information benefits in clarity from correct spelling - and without a spellchecker for this posting site , 4'm fery mooch atd risx.
If I might , I would add a 5th point to secure browsing guidelines ; as nothing is ever 100% secure , however close the 4 rules take you and as "a thing of the past" can sometimes turn around and bite you on the bum ; I personally find running my browser in a sandbox (Sandboxie in my case) - or similar - is an essential base to my browsing security system.
Take care ;o)

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Spelling mistake
Expert Contributor 28th May, 2009 22:11
Score: 2414
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
I have just posted a reply on another thread and SpellCheck works in Chrome , but apparently not with Firefox , for me !!
Am I "spellshocked" or what ??

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability