Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Secunia PSI should update itself

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Dougefresh Secunia PSI should update itself
Member 30th Jun, 2009 12:49
Ranking: 0
User Since: 24th Sep, 2008
System Score: N/A
Why does Secunia PSI update every other program but itself? (Yes, I know, PSI will update some programs and provide links to the ones it cannot update on its own, but the initial statement would be bulky and unwieldy if made technically correct.) It seems silly and illogical to have an updater program that will not update itself. Just my 2 cents.

wr RE: Secunia PSI should update itself
Contributor 30th Jun, 2009 18:20
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
& here's my 2 cents worth. If you look closely, you will see that Secunia PSI isn't an updater service, it doesn't update anything. It reports on insecurities & offers options to the user to select which to use. If you want an updater service check out filehippo.com-but it won't change any programs either-you are given that opportunity. I personally don't want another "phone home" program that makes changes unknown to me in the background. I paid for my computer, OS, etc. so if any changes are made, I prefer to make them-after all that's how the "bad guys" operate to gain control of your computer-unseen, behind your back. The PSI if used in the Advance mode will be very helpful in keeping your computer safe & secure. No, it will not inform of new updates, cosmetic changes, or bug fixes, but it will warn of insecurities & offer options to you to apply.

That's my take on the Secunia PSI program, I hope you enjoy using it to keep your system healthy & safe. My hat's off to the Development Team @ Secunia for the FREE program. If you have any problems with patching some of your programs, post here on the Forum, I'm sure someone will be glad to help you.

Regards, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 24.4.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability