Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
julio99 secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 01:43
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Jun, 2009
System Score: N/A
When I restarted my computer the Secunia scan started running and after it appeared to be done because it was giving me notifications I noticed that the blue bar was stuck on 93%, but it was giving me notification that the scan was finished and everything was 100% with no problems. ,yet that little animated circle was still going round and the scan bar was still at 93%. I've been updated to the latest release and I'm running windows Vista Home Premium. I've never had a problem like that before It always started the scan and finished it without a hitch. I guess I could use some help on figuring this out.

stewjack RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 02:53
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Jul 2009
Last edited on 5th Jul, 2009 02:53

I have exactly the same problem. Except I have XP SP3 as my operating system. The scam always hang at 93 percent, and after a few minutes reports result as if the scan had completed. However when you go to the home page it still has last scan completed a week ago.

I also have run the Secunia PSI scanner for over a year with no problems.Sine I had just installed the new 1.5.0 version I next uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the older version of the software. However, I gives me the same results as the upgrade version did. Perhaps the problem is with the files being downloaded from the Secunia site?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Rendral RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 03:11
User Since: 7th Dec 2008
I too am having the exact same problem and there appears to be no fix or help forthcoming at this time! Earlier version ran as expected and I have confidence in it ability, but now I'm loosing it with V1.5
Was this reply relevant?
+0
julio99 RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 03:25
User Since: 25th Jun 2009
I guess we're all in the same boat and we're just gonna have to wait till someone figures this out. If you guys find an answer be sure to post at this thread so we can all fix ok? I will do the same as I move along. It sounds like this build is not as stable as first thought.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 03:28
You know, it's funny that the site moderators aren't picking any of this up. You'd think the people responsible for Secunia would give us a hand fixing this problem.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 03:51
Just checked my wife's computer (Vista Home Premium) and like with all our computers in this thread the exact same 93% problem is occurring. I did not mention it, but my computer is running Vista Ultimate. Let's hope someone is starting to take notice and is working on a solution.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
muffin45 RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 03:56
User Since: 8th Feb 2009
System Score: 100%
i'm having the same problem with the newest version that i just downloaded a few weeks ago. scan is stuck at 93% but i'm getting a message that the scan is complete and no problems. i'm running windows xpsp3.

--
muffin
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 04:00
This has to be a bug or we're all idiots and I don't think that's the case. Like I said, we're just going to have to wait for Secunia mods to pick this up and get a solution for us. I'm out of ideas.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 04:27
It,the scan just turned itself on again and it says the last complete scan was on june 27th and I'm scheduled for a complete scan on July 4th which is today. That's probably why the scanner keeps turning itself on, but it won't finish even though it says it does. Really weird if you ask me. Sure wish they would've never updated, because this is crap.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
bjm__ RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 06:40
Score: 64
User Since: 9th Mar 2009
Last edited on 5th Jul, 2009 06:48
Good day PSI Community,
Just started having scan issue. Worked great until today. PSI 1.5 Scan hangs on 'Matching data with Secunia File Signatures engine' Step7 of 8. and after approx. 10min Scan Completes or times out. Last Full System Scan info does not change. Think it just times out.
Anyone know if Secunia has server issue?

Respectfully
bjm-
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 08:21
I got the same issue on both advanced and simple. It's either a bug or a server issue like you suggested. If you find anything out, please post here as you can see, there's a few of us with the same issue. Should we just turn this off so it doesnt just keep running the scan over and over without a full completion. I keep noticing the notification balloon at the bottom saying it's been completed and everything is ok but when I go to ckeck, the scan is still running at 93%. Weird!!!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Expert Contributor 5th Jul, 2009 13:05
Score: 2445
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 5th Jul, 2009 13:09
I'm in Europe & just ran a scan . It seemed to take longer than usual , but went normally from 93% to greyed out message of completion . Status bar & schedule reset correctly .

There was a major fire at a "hardened" server centre in the USA over the weekend which may or may not be relevant.

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BigDave_39 RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 5th Jul, 2009 15:38
User Since: 26th Nov 2008
No problems here - works fine for me.. for what its worth :-)

--
Big Dave
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 16:13
Finally started working for me again. Ran a scan in simple mode, went from 5 to 68 to 93 and done. Reset and that was it. Said scan was completed and that it was done a minute ago, so looks as though things might be back to normal. I'll keep the fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 5th Jul, 2009 20:02
mine is fine now, also.

--
muffin
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Jul, 2009 02:52
Read the recent threads today and ran PSI V1.5 and like most of you mine now is working as it should.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 7th Jul, 2009 04:04
just an fyi. here's an email i got from secunia support.

HiThank you for contacting Secunia Support. We are regularly monitoring the Community and truly appreciate all thefeedback we get. Many fixes and improvement are the result of suchfeedback. However, we usually do not work during the weekend, and as faras I can see you are referring to a thread created yesterday (localtime). We will look into the issue as soon as possible. -- Kind regards, Emil JeppesenSecunia PSI Support

--
muffin
Was this reply relevant?
+0
stewjack RE: secunia wont stop/stuck at 93%
Member 8th Jul, 2009 00:59
User Since: 5th Jul 2009
Last edited on 8th Jul, 2009 01:02
I originally posted the second message to this thread. I have just finished rerunning Secindia 1.5. Every thing worked fine this time. The scan completed 100%.

No Problems now!!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer