xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of maki...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
OSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
sunshinewing Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Member 17th Jul, 2009 08:51
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Jul, 2009
System Score: N/A
Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision

This summer there are some very strong devices out there including Blackberry Tour, Nokia N97, HTC Magic, iPhone 3G S, Palm Pre. Some may prefer iPhone 3G S or Palm Pre, but at last I have narrowed down my choices to Blackberry Tour and Nokia N97, and Ive had a really tough time choosing between the two:
[img]http://nidesoft.com/forum/blackberry-vs-nokia/blac...
Blackberry tour:
Supports high-speed 3G EV-DO Rev
Non-touchscreen, a large, highly tactile, full-QWERTY keyboard for fast and precise typing
Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music, a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack and support for the Bluetooth Stereo Audio Profile (A2DP/AVCRP)
256MB Flash memory, support cards of up to 16GB
Built-in GPS with support for geotagging, BlackBerry Maps
Allowing users to edit Microsoft(R) Word, Excel and PowerPoint files directly on the handset
Easy mobile access to Facebook(R), MySpace and Flickr(R), as well as popular instant messaging services including BlackBerry Messenger, Yahoo! IM, AIM(R), Google Talk and Windows Live Messenger
Support for BlackBerry App World, as well as third-party mobile applications
BlackBerry Internet Service allows access to up to 10 supported personal and corporate email accounts
No Wi-Fi, it is said to be added in the future.

Nokia N97:
Sliding QWERTY keypad and touchscreen display
Memory 32GB Internal memory, 128 MB RAM, microSD up to 16GB
Camera 5 MP (Carl Zeiss optics)
OS Symbian
Battery 6.6 hours talk-time and 430 hours standby
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS, Visual radio; FM transmitter
Widescreen 16:9, 3.5in TFT, 640 x 360 pixels
802.11b/g; USB; Bluetooth with A2DP; GPS with A-GPS
3.5mm audio jack
Handwriting Recognition
A little expensive, at about $650

Thats the simple information I have got about the two phones. Here I should explain my smartphone requirements. Im looking for a device to serve as my personal telephone, media player, mini computer and business assistant. For personal telephone, it is used for daily contact, to make calls and receive calls. Both Blackberry tour and Nokia N97 were easy to use and very convenient to dial a number.

For multimedia, both of them are advanced media player for videos, music and pictures. Blackberry tour supports video formats including MPEG4, H.263, H.264 (encoding and decoding 30fps), WMV and audio format including MP3, AAC, AAC+, WMA. Nokia N97 can play mp4 and 3gp videos with up to 640*360 pixels resolution. Personally I prefer to watch movies with Blackberry tour. In the meantime I go to [url=http://www.nidesoft.com/]Nidesoft Inc[/url] to get programs [url=http://www.nidesoft.com/blackberry-converter-suite... Blackberry Converter Suite[/url], which rip DVDs and videos into Blackberry-friendly files. Just copy the converted file to memory card, pop it into phones card slot, and enjoy. Or use program [url=http://www.nidesoft.com/nokia-video-converter.html... Nokia video converter[/url] if you would like to choose N97 as media player.

As for connectivity, the Nokia N97 looks like a good all-rounder, with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and an Infrared port. The BlackBerry Tour features Bluetooth as well, (with A2DP) but is somehow lacking Wi-Fi (just like the much-derided BlackBerry Storm). Although the rumor said that the Blackberry Storm 2 will have Wi-Fi. N97 also features an FM radio, which the Tour doesn't.

If you always travel around for work then Blackberry can be a wonderful assistant. The BlackBerry Tour smartphone provides the industry's leading mobile solution for email, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and social networking together with built-in GPS. I like type emails and message with the full-QWERTY keyboards fast and easily. N97 also have GPS and can send emails, but the business-oriented Blackberry tour is better for business assistant.

In the end, I make up my decision. The Blackberry tour won out, it made the most sense to me as media player and business assistant. But as Ive noted the Nokia N97 was also pretty impressive and could be a viable option for many others.

haiyeer RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Member 5th Aug, 2009 06:11
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Aug 2009
I perfer nokia!
Now I just need one video converter!
en!
Nidesoft Nokia video converter?
Thanks for your inoformation!
I will try it !
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Contributor 5th Aug, 2009 21:44
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
Anybody know where Maurice is? I need him to help me launch a Saturn rocket to the Moon with some uneccessary junk.

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 24.4.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Expert Contributor 6th Aug, 2009 18:34
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello wr ,

If Maurice doesn't have spare rocket , I can lend you my slingshot/catapult should be enough to get this lightweight r@$ all the way to one of Maurice's remedial camps on Mars !

Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
wr RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Contributor 6th Aug, 2009 18:45
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
Hi Anthony Wells,

Thanks for the offer-I may have to take you up on that-Mars after all would be a greater distance from here. I still say Secunia needs a Forum Moderator to lock out or rid Forum of such junk. I know we all get a bit off topic now & then-but a review of cell phones? Gimme a break! The spamming world must be hard up for work!

Regards, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 24.4.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Expert Contributor 6th Aug, 2009 19:30
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

Hello wr ,

Good point about a moderator for spam killing , especially with url links !! Are these links checked before they appear on here ?? ; a real trap for the unwary !!

Hope the mod is of a "cool" disposition or I'd be banned all the time for annoying Maurice & Yokenny !!

Take care
Anthony

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
haiyeer RE: Blackberry tour vs Nokia N97: compare them in the process of making decision
Member 1st Sep, 2009 08:31
Professional tool!
It is very helpful for me!
Thanks!
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 17th Sep, 2009 06:31
I have used it ! It is very professional!
good!
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability