Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Does not work with IE7 and IE8

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Roxio
And, this specific program:
Easy CD Creator 5.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
This user no longer exists Does not work with IE7 and IE8
Member 19th Jul, 2009 19:56
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Jan, 1970
System Score: N/A
Nevertheless Secunia does not place this program as out of date.

Why?

There are no known updates, so that the program maybe could work again.

wr RE: Does not work with IE7 and IE8
Contributor 19th Jul, 2009 21:48
Score: 308
User Since: 30th Mar 2008
System Score: 100%
Why do you say Easy Creator doesn't work with IE7 & IE8? These are browsers, not Operating Systems. According to the enclosed link v. 5.x only works with Win XP if the 5.1 update is installed. It would appear that the older OSs of Windoze is all that the program works on i.e. Win 98,2000, etc. so possibly isn't End-Of-Life. Later versions are available with v.11.x being latest & are for sale @ Roxio. Check out the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easy_CD_Creator for all the details.

Regards, wr

--
HP Pavilion Slimline s3020n
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32 bit
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Does not work with IE7 and IE8
Member 20th Jul, 2009 12:54
Thank you for the answer to my topic.

I know what I am writing about.

I have had the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1 Basic installed on my pc with Windows XP Home since 2002, and it has been very usefull for me, until Microsoft came with their Windows-browser-updates into IE7 and IE8.

But I still wonder, why Secunia PSI does not find an tell me, that Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1 Basic on my pc now is out of date.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 20th Jul, 2009 19:27
According to the last paragraph in the link I posted, I saw nothing that led me to believe the program was @ end-of-life, however it could be that it's as simple as Secunia doesn't have that program in their database. Another thing that may be possible is that if you are using the PSI in the SIMPLE mode it's not in that database-try using PSI in the ADVANCED mode, as it has a larger database available.

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
The weakest link of a computer system is always sitting in front of the monitor.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 20th Jul, 2009 19:57
When I use Secunia scanning, the Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.1 Basic simply is categorised as "updated", not as "outdated".

Why is that?

You say that you can not find the 5.1 in Secunia's database. It must be there anyway, as my scanning can find it. But it should not be there, because there are no updates availabel to it.

To whom in Secunia can I tell this?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 20th Jul, 2009 20:35
Let's see if I can clear some of the trees so the forest is visible.

1.The Overview page in Secunia PSI does not list updated or outdated programs. The list is as follows-Insecure, End of Life, or Patched. If the program in question is in a list other than patched, YOU make the decision as what to do with it.

2. As stated before, the PSI does not list programs as outdated or updated, an updater service that I use is fileHippo.

3. I didn't say I couldn't find the program in question, I stated that maybe it wasn't in the database, especially SIMPLE mode & to use ADVANCED mode to be sure. I don't use the program, therefore I wouldn't look for it.

4. "To whom in Secunia can I tell this?" No one that I know of, as I said before they are not an UPDATER SERVICE, they are in the SECURITY Business.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Member 20th Jul, 2009 22:42
Thank you for all your answers to my topic etc.

Secunia tells the users that these will be secure when they use Secunia PSI.

Well, then this must be the end of our conversation. Thank you again.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 20th Jul, 2009 23:41
You're very welcome & I hope I cleared some of the matters regarding security & updating. "Secunia tells the users that these will be secure when they use Secunia PSI." Yes, exactly, SECURE, not UPDATED or OUT OF DATE. Once again-using the PSI in the ADVANCED mode-after the scan is completed PSI reports on any insecure programs & provides options so you can make an intelligent decision as what to do according to your systems & your needs.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Hintze801 RE: Does not work with IE7 and IE8
Member 29th Dec, 2009 05:28
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Dec 2009
System Score: N/A
You seem to know a lot about this subject and I was hoping you could solve a problem I'm having with Roxio Media Center. I loaded my Blackberry into my computer and since then I have been getting this error problem every time I turn on the computer and it continues throughout my session until I give up and turn off the computer. Windows Installer is trying to install roxio Media Center specifically an .msi file. It can't find it. I've searched my entire C dirve and cannot find this file either. So I said to myself maybe I need to upgrade to the next version of Roxio. so today I got the trial version for Roxio Easy Media Center 9 suite. This resulted in Windows Installer doing the exact thing only looking for the suite 9 missing files. So I went into my Add/Remove programs and removed the offending programs. didn't work. Still have the problem. If you have any idea how to fix this I would greatly appreciate it. Hintze 801
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 29th Dec, 2009 18:40
Hi Hientz801
Thanks for compliment-not sure if I can help or not-I'm not
really a 'techie'-just a 'noobie' that's aggressive & really lucky.
So here goes. Not knowing you're OS or what the error message is
that's being displayed maybe this will help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290... Be sure & read ALL the instructions/directions.

Please post back here & let us know how you get on-if this doesn't
help there's plenty of techies who visit here on a daily basis that can answer you're questions.

Regards, wr

--
AMD 64 Athlon X2
Firefox 31.3.0 ESR
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+