|Edie||solutions for aug 2 2009|
|2nd Aug, 2009 17:12|
User Since: 9th Feb, 2009
System Score: N/A
|I did a scan on aug 02 2009. the solutions for Adobe Flash 10.x general plug-in and active x control had four solutions. I did apply all four solutions. When I rescaned the four patches still remaind on the re scan. Have the patches been applyed? Is there something else I need to do? Thank you for your help. Edie|
|bjm__||RE: solutions for aug 2 2009|
|2nd Aug, 2009 18:16|
User Since: 9th Mar 2009
System Score: 100%
quote from Maurice to resolve Flash Player issues...
1. Download & use the flash Uninstaller from here:
2. Reboot to clear out any left over ocx files.
3. Rescan using PSI - if there are any insecure Flash elements left what is the path to them? (The overview page may look a little odd because it uses Flash for the pictorials)
Note: At this stage,if PSI finds any elements of Flash in the C:\i386 folder or on any drive other than C that is an OEM reinstallation partition (normally D drive) or a drive U use solely to backup your work U can safely create an ignore rule.
4. Reinstall the latest Internet Explorer Flash Player from here:
3A.If U are also using Firefox, Opera and other Gecko-based browsers U need this link as well:
5. Go to add/remove & U will find Adobe have installed a Download Manager - Just remove it
there are multiple threads on this exact same issue ...please search for Flash Player under Third Party Programs
Not a customer already?
Learn more about how our market leading Vulnerability Management solutions can help you manage risk and ensure compliance.