Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Still having problem with Adobe Reader 9.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Acrobat 9.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
zzmel Still having problem with Adobe Reader 9.x
Member 4th Aug, 2009 20:56
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th Jan, 2008
System Score: N/A
Hi:

About two weeks ago, I had 4 problems with Adobe Flash, Reader, Active x, and Java. I asked for help and the person who helped me got rid of all of these threats. From that time on until yesterday, everything was 100% clear. Today when I booted up, there again there were 5 problems with Adobe and I was able to get rid of 4 but I am unable to fix Adobe Reader 9.x. I even scanned the forum and the information I got did not help. Now I know that Adobe Reader is required for PDF files and I know that the flash is required for videos. I really need both but it seems that even when you uninstall the program both using the add/remove programs that windows provide and the uninstaller for Adobe nothing cleared up. Still, when I do a scan, the same threat is prevalent. If there is a problem on their end, why can't they fix these with patches? What I think is Adobe wants you to buy their paid version which probably have these fixes. This is very surprising to me as you would think that these problems would be fixed as they are needed. When I opened the Adobe Reader, I checked which version I have and it is 9.1.3. Then I clicked on update and there was an update but a language version. I updated anyway. Still the program is insecure.

Here is the error I receive:
Technical details

Technical details about this installation of Adobe Reader 9.x, you can use this information to determine why the Secunia PSI detected the program and the security state of it.

Version Detected:

Installation Path:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

Last Inspection of Program:
4th Aug. 2009, 20:43 CET

This poses a critical threat according to the reference page on your site. I removed the program completely and now all is secure. Now when I need to download and reinstall, wouldn't the same problem happen? So what is the real solution? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks much.

Mel T.

Anthony Wells RE: Still having problem with Adobe Reader 9.x
Expert Contributor 4th Aug, 2009 21:27
Score: 2429
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
System Score: N/A

This thread answers most of your questions , although there is seems to be an ongoing problem of PSI & Adobe correlating their response for the moment :-

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/240...

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability