Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
soacckj PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 23rd Aug, 2009 19:53
Ranking: 0
User Since: 1st Feb, 2008
System Score: N/A
PSI says that my Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3 needs update to 9.2 and 9.3. Adobe says that Acrobat Pro 9.2 and 9.3 do not exist and PSI is erroneously looking for 9.2 instead of 9.1.2 and 9.3 instead of 9.1.3 and that the problem is over a year old. Does anyone know if Secunia plans to fix this error?

Slamgeden RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 24th Aug, 2009 08:35
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
Search the form before posting, PLEASE. This has been solved lots of times on these forums.

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
gv29847 RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 25th Aug, 2009 02:24
User Since: 25th Aug 2009
Last edited on 25th Aug, 2009 02:43
That's not helpful - I have the same problem, and I have searched this site for answers. I found lots of posts and no solutions. If you know of a solution, by all means point out - specifically - how to search and find a solution, and point to the solution.

In the mean time I have exactly the same loop as metioned in one post - and yes I have checked the location of the file PSI is complaining about, and yes if I run exactly that file it says it is 9.1.3, whereas PSA says its 9.0.39.0 - but is OK on a rescan, and dud on a scan.

Bafled.

Was this reply relevant?
+0
Slamgeden RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 25th Aug, 2009 09:01
User Since: 17th Jul 2009
on 25th Aug, 2009 02:24, gv29847 wrote:
That's not helpful - I have the same problem, and I have searched this site for answers. I found lots of posts and no solutions. If you know of a solution, by all means point out - specifically - how to search and find a solution, and point to the solution.

In the mean time I have exactly the same loop as metioned in one post - and yes I have checked the location of the file PSI is complaining about, and yes if I run exactly that file it says it is 9.1.3, whereas PSA says its 9.0.39.0 - but is OK on a rescan, and dud on a scan.

Bafled.

You searched? No. This is from the first two pages, all solving the problem.
http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/145...

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/246...

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/250...

---

Just look around..

--
Assorted Fnords.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
gv29847 RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 27th Aug, 2009 01:15
User Since: 25th Aug 2009
I apreciate you are trying to be helpful, but all your links deal with flash player problems, though the question at issue here relates to Acrobat Pro, so I don't understand the relevance.

Still bafled.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Expert Contributor 27th Aug, 2009 12:14
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

I think you may need to contact Secunia support direct (even though they monitor the Forum).
There are some historical problems in relation to what they use to identify some Adobe product versions ; for example my Adobe Reader v9.1.3 shows in PSI as "patched" version v9.0.246.0 , which relates to the "authplay.dll" file which updated "my" version .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ingber RE: PSI error with Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.1.3
Member 28th Aug, 2009 00:19
Score: 1
User Since: 26th Nov 2008
Last edited on 28th Aug, 2009 00:41
Yes, this problem has come up before. No, Secunia still has not gotten it fixed. I had extensive correspondence with Adobe in previous cases. I always have been running the most updated version of Acrobat 9 Pro Extended on our Thinkpads XP Pro SP3. Some of the files under Adobe do not update when there are regular Acrobat updates, but nevertheless the actual total version shows the recent update.

Yes, you can blame Adobe for not properly issuing updated notices in all their files. Yes, you also can blame Secunia for simply not recognizing this and searching on further Adobe files to be sure an update is in fact required -- or NOT.

Lester

P.S.:
This "insecure" warning popped up on both of our machines. Since I had my suspicions, or at least I've learned not to react blindly to Secunia prompts to patch my machine, on both machines I first checked for updates -- no updates came up. I then rescanned instead of downloading under Secunia, and my system was now magically secure again.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability