Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: version detected

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Secunia
And, this specific program:
Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) 1.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
ashleytalbot version detected
Member 29th Aug, 2009 21:12
Ranking: 0
User Since: 29th Aug, 2009
System Score: N/A
I HAVE INSTALLED SECUNIA PSI HOWEVER THE VERSION DETECTOR IS NOT WORKING CORECTLY AS IT STATES THAT I HAVE VERSION 9.O OF ADOBE READER INSTALLED BUT I DO NOT I HAVE 9.1.3 INSTALLED I HAVE COMPLETED A CLEAN INSTALL AND STILL THE SAME PSI SAYS I HAVE 9.0 INSTALLED WHEN I DO NOT.
ALSO PSI ALSO STATES THAT OFFICE POWERPOINT EXE IS MISSING AN UPDATE THIS IS INCORRECT AS THIS ERROR MESSAGE WAS THREE YEARS OLD AND ONLY EFECTED XP USERS NOT VISTA USERS BUT PSI HAS NOT UPDATED THERE OWN LIBARYTHE SAME IS TO BE SAID WITH THE EXPLIOT REGARDING WINDOWS EXPLORER 8 AGAIN VISTA USERS HAVE BEEN GIVEN RELEVANT UPDATES AND ARE PROTECTED. THIS INFORMATION MUST BE UPDATED AS TO PREVENT SCAREING ANY USER FROM DELETING OR UNISTALLING SOFTWARE THAT HAS BEEN DEVISED TO KEEP THEM SAFE

thedillpickl RE: version detected
Contributor 29th Aug, 2009 23:06
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Last edited on 31st Aug, 2009 05:39
no comment

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 29th Aug, 2009 23:37
Last edited on 31st Aug, 2009 05:41
no comment

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ashleytalbot RE: version detected
Member 30th Aug, 2009 14:48
Score: 0
User Since: 29th Aug 2009
System Score: N/A
HI FRED,
JUST WOUNDERING WHAT THREAD YOU WERE READING AS YOU SENT A REPLY FOR INFORMATION THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MY THREAD, AS I DID STATE ADOBE 9.1.3 READER NOT FLASH...CONFUSING. ALSO YOU ALSO REPLY BELOW ABOUT THIS SO CALLED EXPLOIT IN INTERNET EXPLORER 7 AND 8 THIS IS SLOWLY BOUDERING ON THE SLANDERISH AS THIS IS NOT A INMEDIATE THREAT OR A OS ISSUSE THIS IS ALSO NOT A THREAT TO ANY USER WITH ADDED SECRUITY PROCEDURES NOW IN PLACE, THIS WAS A FLAW IN 2006/7 WHEN THE BETA OF 8 WAS BEING TESTED SINCE THEN SECURITY HAS BEEN DRAMATICALLY INCREASED DEPENDING ON WHAT TYPE OF USER YOU ARE IS DEPENDANT ON THE TYPE OF SECURITY YOU GET I.E A MORE ADVANCED USER WITH MORE MONEY WILL HAVE THE LASTEST SOFTWARE AN OCASIONAL USER WILL HAVE A BASIC PC TO PERFORM BASIC TASKS,THEREFORE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO WRITE CODE FOR EVERY RISK FOR EVERY PC IT IS THE USERS RESPONSABILITY TO ASSESS THERE OWN CAPABILITIES AND NEEDS. TO END ANY REMARK REGARDING INTERNET EXPLORER 8 WITH VISTA OR WINDOWS 7 SHOULD BE VERY CLERLY PUT AS THIS IS STILL THE MOST ADVANCED AND MOST SECURE BROWSER ON THE MARKET TODATE TO USE OUT DATED TESTS TO SAY OTHER WISE IS LIABLE AND FOOLISH AS THIS CAN SCARE A USER OF FROM USING THE BEST TO PROTECT THEM, NOT SAYING ITS PERFECT NOTHING IS HOWEVER IT IS THE BEST SO FAR.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: version detected
Member 30th Aug, 2009 18:44
Last edited on 30th Aug, 2009 18:48 ashleytalbot, turn off your CapsLock!

It is very annoying and hard to read your run-on posts that need some paragraphs to separate different comments.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Contributor 31st Aug, 2009 05:04
Sorry to be a bother. I'll be careful and make a point of accuracy. Obviously my help is not needed here. Your knowledge and understanding far execed mine. I will unsubscribe from this thred.

Goodbye;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+