xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Pa...

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Zone Labs
And, this specific program:
ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 6.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Delgado Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Member 7th Oct, 2009 23:02
Ranking: 0
User Since: 26th Mar, 2008
System Score: 99%
Note: "ZoneAlarm Extreme Internet Security Suite 9x" is not available for selection under the Forum Create New Thread "Select the specific program" drop-down menu choices.

I noticed today that Zone Labs (Check Point Software Technologies LTD) "Internet Extreme Security Suite 9X" is not listed among my patched programs. There was an upgrade made to it on October 10th, 2009. The new version is 9.0.114.000. A component of the Suite, "ForceField" is listed. There is no listing for ZoneAlarm (zonealarm.exe), TrueVector (vsmon.exe), ZoneAlarm Security, etc. I manually ran the PSI scan and nothing was found: Secunia Score 100%. I reinstalled ZA Extreme Security Suite 9X. I re-booted my computer. After doing so, ZoneAlarm Pro 9x appeared in PSI. I manually ran the PSI scan again. ZoneAlarm Pro 9x was then gone from the PSI Patched listing. No programs for ZoneAlarm were listed in PSI, except ForceField as before.

--
Delgado

Underlien RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Member 8th Oct, 2009 08:08
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
System Score: N/A
Hi

Since it's a new version, there might be a change that Secunia does not have the program in their database.

Try to suggest the missing programs from the "Software Suggestion" tool in the PSI.

Underlien
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Delgado RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Member 8th Oct, 2009 18:12
User Since: 26th Mar 2008
I submitted to "Help us improve our service to you:
Program missing? Suggest it here!" before posting to Forum.

FYI: Today, PSI is showing two instances of "ZoneAlarm Pro 9.x" again, both "vsmon.exe".

--
Delgado
Was this reply relevant?
+0
This user no longer exists RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Member 9th Oct, 2009 11:30
Hi,
Please post the path to the detected instances of ZoneAlarm Pro 9.x.
You can obtain this information, if using the advanced interface, by hovering you mouse over the detected program, which then displays the program path.

Could I also ask you to re-suggest ZoneAlarm Extreme Security Suite 9.x, and explicitly flag it as Zonealarm Extreme Security 9.x?

The TrueVector program is a part of the Zonealarm Extreme Security suite, and will therefore not be detected independently.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Delgado RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Member 9th Oct, 2009 15:13
User Since: 26th Mar 2008
ZoneAlarm Pro 9.x Path- C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

ZoneAlarm Pro 9.x Path- C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\repair\vsmon.exe

As I understand it, vsmon.exe is the True Vector component of ZoneAlarm.

Have resubmitted "Zonealarm Extreme Security 9.x" as program suggestion.

--
Delgado
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Expert Contributor 9th Oct, 2009 15:55
Score: 2454
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 9th Oct, 2009 20:16
Hello Emil and Delgado ,

I can confirm that my Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite shows the same two file references as Delgado's "Extreme" Suite , using PSI.

Vsmon is the basic True Vector Security engine.

Using CSI , two other files are noted in the ZoneLabs\ZoneAlarm\ folder :-

ZoneAlarm Pro 9.x at
C:\ProgramFiles\ ....\zonealarm.exe

and

ZoneAlarm 9.x at
C:\ProgramFiles\....\zlclient.exe

The latter loads ZA on boot.

A minor point , the version shown is v 9.0.83.0 whilst the actual version is 9.0.083.000

Version 8 also appeared as "Pro" which related/relates to one of the file designations in the ZA folder .

When I updated to version 9 a few weeks ago ,
it appeared in PSI and then was "removed" in less than 24 hours ( I think) ; I put this down to version 9 putting the ZoneAlarm folder into a (new) ZoneLabs folder in my Program Files directory.

I also have a stand alone version of Zone Alarm Force Field & this has always been displayed correctly in a CheckPoint folder .

Hopes this helps rather than confuses.

Anthony.

Edit: the ZA files show version 9.0.83.0

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Zone Alarm Extreme Security Suite 9X not listed in Secunia PSI Patched
Expert Contributor 12th Oct, 2009 21:57
Score: 2454
User Since: 19th Dec 2007

PSI is now showing all four files as per CSI .

It still only designates ZoneAlarm 9.x or Pro 9.x ; that is fine by me .

Thank you.

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+