Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Is CSI better than PSI?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
bywaterboy Is CSI better than PSI?
Member 15th Oct, 2009 04:09
Ranking: 0
User Since: 28th Jan, 2009
System Score: 100%
I know that CSI can scan multiple computers in a network at once but what if all you have is one PC? Are there any benefits to using CSI-Beta other than to help Secunia with its testing? Not that that's a crime I'm just curious. I have PSI installed on my computer and have a 100% score and I run the OSI scanner from Secunia's site once a week just to double-check my results.

I too received the email from Secunia to test the CSI-Beta but wondered if the fact that I only have my one PC would give the information Secunia desired. If the testing is not being specifically targeted to persons inside a network environment (though I understand that would be ideal) I would help out, no problem.

Lastly, I've noticed a post or two about the flash player and I originally received a negative result. This was cleared up after a rescan in PSI, but OSI continued with the negative result. A uninstall/reinstall of Flash Player 10.0.32.18 did the trick and I'm back at 100%.

--
bywaterboy

rjohansson RE: Is CSI better than PSI?
Secunia Official 15th Oct, 2009 13:15
Score: 15
User Since: 5th Oct 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi

If you only have one PC I would suggest you continue to use the PSI and not to switch to CSI.
One thing that you need to be aware of is that the CSI and PSI uses identical scanner and databases so their result should not differ. But if you use OSI you wont get as good coverage since that is a "light" version that we provide online and don't support the same amount of software as PSI and CSI do.

Rickard
Secunia Beta Support

--
Rickard
Secunia Support
bywaterboy RE: Is CSI better than PSI?
Member 15th Oct, 2009 22:44
Score: 0
User Since: 28th Jan 2009
System Score: 100%
Thanks rjohansson,

I figured as much but wasn't sure so thanks again for the update.

--
bywaterboy
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Factsheets
Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability