Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Avast AntiVirus

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Helen49322 Avast AntiVirus
Member 26th Oct, 2009 00:44
Ranking: 0
User Since: 25th Oct, 2009
System Score: N/A
Secunia PSI keeps saying Avast Antivirus needs patching. Keep going to Avast site and running updates can't find anything that says patch. Don't know how to get it patched. Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

mogs RE: Avast AntiVirus
Expert Contributor 26th Oct, 2009 09:48
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
on 26th Oct, 2009 00:44, Helen49322 wrote:
Secunia PSI keeps saying Avast Antivirus needs patching. Keep going to Avast site and running updates can't find anything that says patch. Don't know how to get it patched. Would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Firstly, welcome ! As a new user of Secunia and the forum, I presume you are using it in the Simple mode ? You would gain more advantages/info if you switched to the Advanced. It is really not too difficult.
It could be that your Avast is already up to date,it seems, tho' Secunia may be detecting other files/older versions, left on your pc,which are out of date/insecure etc..
If you do decide to switch to Advanced and run a scan, you will be able to discern the problem more clearly/accurately. If you have any difficulty, you can always return to the forum for advice, but with more information.
For instance:- If you see a + sign alongside a prog requiring further info/investigation, click on it, and it will expand to reveal more details.
Hope this helps.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
M.Hansen RE: Avast AntiVirus
Secunia Official 26th Oct, 2009 13:52
Score: 188
User Since: 26th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
Hi

Please notice that you manually have to mark "Update" in the Avast Installation Wizard. The default selection is "changed" which apparently does not update Avast correctly.

Running the downloaded .exe file which i got from the PSI "Solution" followed by the steps above, it solved the insecure program (after reboot and rescan)

--
Kind regards,

Morten Hansen
Secunia PSI Support

Secunia PSI
http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/personal

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability