Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
cactusrose1977 sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x
Member 10th Nov, 2009 06:46
Ranking: 0
User Since: 10th Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
I don't even have Sun Java on my computer, but I get the message from Secunia that I have an insecure program and it needs to be patched and the program is Sun Java. I tried to go ahead and download it from Java.com but, it will not load. I get a message while it is loading that "error 25099 unzipping core files failed" and I have to click OK and it rolls back and doesn't load. I guess something is wrong, because I have tried and tried and it will not load. Can anyone help with either problem?

I have Windows Vista Home Basic and I use Firefox.

iwanesko RE: sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x
Member 10th Nov, 2009 08:49
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Mar 2009
on 10th Nov, 2009 06:46, cactusrose1977 wrote:
I don't even have Sun Java on my computer, but I get the message from Secunia that I have an insecure program and it needs to be patched and the program is Sun Java. I tried to go ahead and download it from Java.com but, it will not load. I get a message while it is loading that "error 25099 unzipping core files failed" and I have to click OK and it rolls back and doesn't load. I guess something is wrong, because I have tried and tried and it will not load. Can anyone help with either problem?

Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogs RE: sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x
Expert Contributor 10th Nov, 2009 08:59
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
on 10th Nov, 2009 06:46, cactusrose1977 wrote:

Morning/welcome ! As a new user of Secunia I'm presuming you are using it in Simple mode.You would be able to gain more info/details if you were to switch to Advanced.It is really not too difficult.
Whilst you say you don't have Java; it would seem Secunia has detected an old file. After scanning, it would show up under the End of Life or Insecure Program tab. If you click on the + sign alongside the prog/entry, it will expand to reveal more info....file path...tech. details, so on and so forth.
Once you've gleaned that info you can come back to the forum with it, and someone will be better able to help you.
You could also try reading previous threads/entries on Java....just in the last few days: those by Maurice Joyce you may find very useful/helpful.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Mcd73165 RE: sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x
Member 11th Nov, 2009 02:07
Score: 7
User Since: 13th May 2009
Hi, Cactusrose. See if you have a Java folder in C:\Program Files (C:\Program Files\Java) and if so then delete it and try to install Java again from this link:
http://www.filehippo.com/download_java_runtime/
Hope this helps! Note that the current version is 1.6.0.17
Mark
Was this reply relevant?
+0
cactusrose1977 RE: sun java jre 1.6.x/6.x
Member 11th Nov, 2009 04:18
Score: 0
User Since: 10th Nov 2009
Thanks for all the help. I found Java in the registry and deleted it there, as well as C: Drive and then went to Java.com and it downloaded just great and now is working right. Thanks again.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability