Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Windows 7

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
ldlacyguam Windows 7
Member 21st Dec, 2009 00:55
Ranking: 0
User Since: 4th Dec, 2008
System Score: N/A
I just installed Secunia PSI on my main desktop computer, however, it scans and tells me DivX is not secure, but when I install it, it still comes back as it being not secure. Also, if I uninstall DivX Secunia still lists it as being not secure. In advance mode it list all of Microsoft Office 2000 as being at end of life, however, I don't have Office 2000 installed on my computer. There are other programs not installed that are indicated as being not secure. I don't think Secunia PSI is ready for Windows 7.

thedillpickl RE: Windows 7
Contributor 21st Dec, 2009 02:21
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi ldlacyguam;

Is this a clean install of Win7 or did you install as a dual boot/over the top of an older version of Windows? It's possible PSI is finding files from your previous Windows.

In PSI click on the Insecure (later the End-of-Life) tab, click on the [+] to the left of the insecure (EOL) program, click on the Technical details icon. Please post the Installation Path for each file here and you should be able to fix this.

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ldlacyguam RE: Windows 7
Member 21st Dec, 2009 02:32
Score: 0
User Since: 4th Dec 2008
This was a clean install of Windows 7 as it would not install over my Vista. Likewise the old system left by Windows 7 has been deleted.

The end of life programs it is scanning and most of the unsecure ones are are not installed they are stored on an external drive. Is there anyway to tell Secunia PSI not to scan external storage drives?
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Hotsushi RE: Windows 7
Member 21st Dec, 2009 03:00
Score: 0
User Since: 20th Dec 2009
Hi,

Just had the same problem! In the Advanced Interface Mode, click the Settings tab. Click Create Ignore Rules. Enter the external drive to ignore. For my USB drive, I entered F:\ and the drive is ignored.

Cheers,
Mike
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer