Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: CSI constantly scanning same clients every few minutes

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
CSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
Winsyrstrife CSI constantly scanning same clients every few minutes
Member 21st Jan, 2010 18:43
Ranking: 1
User Since: 21st Jan, 2010
System Score: N/A
I'm having a problem with my network agent scanning the same scan groups over and over again, at 3-5 minute intervals. The network agent never moves on to the other scan groups I have set. So far I've installed the network agent on 3 different PCs, and I've installed the CSI (3.0) software on my main PC in a dual-boot installation, Windows 7 RC and Windows XP SP3. I have the same problem in either OS. The only way to stop the repetitive scanning is to stop the Secunia Agent service on the Agent PC. Is CSI programmed to re-scan a scan group if 1 or more PCs in that scan group are not scanned for whatever reason? I am also finding that I have to reload the CSI interface regularly, due to oddities like features from different tabs showing up in the wrong tabs, unresponsive clicks, etc.

This is really compounded by the fact that the button "scan selected hosts" has been removed. I was told it was not an often used feature and was thus removed. How do you all scan PCs that may have been off at the time of a scheduled scan, or for some other reason, unreachable? Do you manually scan, let's say, 15 PCs, manually inputting the host names? Clicking out-of-date hosts then the "scan selected" button seemed quite handy, but now the only efficient method I can see is group scanning, which is not working at all for me.

Maurice Joyce RE: CSI constantly scanning same clients every few minutes
Handling Contributor 22nd Jan, 2010 00:02
Score: 11726
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
System Score: N/A
CSI 3 beta testing was closed last year. This is the latest offer

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/335...

Perhaps best if U contact Secunia direct at:

support@secunia.com

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability