Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch — 10.0 vs. 11.5

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
PSI

This thread has been marked as locked.
worthyone Adobe Flash Player Mismatch — 10.0 vs. 11.5
Member 9th Feb, 2010 20:00
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th Aug, 2009
System Score: N/A
I have Adobe Flash Player installed. PSI is saying that the installed version is 10.0.22.87. I followed the download to bring it up to date. Windows is showing that 11.5 is the installed version. PSI continues to show its being down level. What gives?

Thanks.
Bill

mogs RE: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch — 10.0 vs. 11.5
Expert Contributor 10th Feb, 2010 00:32
Score: 2265
User Since: 22nd Apr 2009
System Score: 100%
Secunia is still detecting old versions/files. It will do so, even if they are in the recycle bin.
Are you using the Advanced interface(?).....more detail is available.
Click on the +sign alongside the insecure entry....it will expand to reveal the file path. Click on Tech Detail to confirm it.

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ddmarshall RE: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch — 10.0 vs. 11.5
Dedicated Contributor 10th Feb, 2010 00:44
Score: 1208
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
Last edited on 10th Feb, 2010 01:06
I think you are confusing Adobe Shockwave Player which is currently 11.5 with Adobe Flash Player, latest non-Beta version 10.0.42.34.

You may have to download Flash Player twice if you use more than one browser. Once using Internet Explorer and again using any other browser.

There are lots of posts on this forum about the problems that can occur updating Flash and the best way to deal with them. It might be worth someone from Secunia making one of them a sticky.

--
This answer is provided “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
worthyone RE: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch � 10.0 vs. 11.5
Member 13th Feb, 2010 02:02
Score: 0
User Since: 13th Aug 2009
Thanks to both MOGS and DDMARSDHAL.

I talked a day ago with a friend, he mentioned that Adobe is responsible for letting Secunia know of any updates and also updating a table giving the new maintenance level. According to him Adobe is frequently slow in providing the revised maintenance level.

Apparently, Adobe has indicated to Secunia that 10.0.22.87 is down-level, but they haven't posted the level which should be current. In all likelihood, when I updated my Flash Player, I brought it to the new level.

DDMARSHAL, you were correct in thinking that I was looking at Shockwave Player when I should have been looking at Flash Player. It's interesting that Windows can't find Flash Player in the list of Installed Programs. Belarc Advisor doesn't find it either.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
mogsi RE: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch � 10.0 vs. 11.5
Member 13th Feb, 2010 09:31
Score: 65
User Since: 11th Feb 2010
If it's of any use to you: just last night I was showing insecurities with Flash....the ocx file. Eventually managed to unistall using Revo and again the uninstaller. Then rebooted, and it cleared.
Reinstalled via the psi page.....flashplayer needed in the overveiw.....updated to version 10.0.45.2.....all okay now.

--
Toshiba L300D AMD Athlon X2 Vista Home Premium 32bit OS SP2
Chrome 5.0.342.3 dev / IE8 1GB RAM+4GB Readyboost
Was this reply relevant?
+0
ddmarshall RE: Adobe Flash Player Mismatch � 10.0 vs. 11.5
Dedicated Contributor 13th Feb, 2010 17:56
Score: 1208
User Since: 8th Nov 2008
System Score: 98%
It's certainly strange that only Secunia thinks you have Flash Player installed. Does it show up as an add-on in your browsers? Where does Secunia find it?

The bad news is that Adobe released Flash Player 10.0.45.2 on 12th February. Secunia are definitely aware of this. If you don't already, try running the Adobe uninstaller http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html and rebooting. Then go to www.adobe.com to download the Flash Player.

Adobe also announced an update for Adobe Reader to be released on 16th February.

--
This answer is provided “as-is.” You bear the risk of using it.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability