Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: update

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Flash Player 10.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
aeolos update
Member 10th Feb, 2010 12:43
Ranking: 0
User Since: 9th Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
Dear Sirs,

your software secunia show me, that I have installed Adobe Flash Player 10.x 10.0.32.18 (ActiveX), but I have the newest Adobe software already installed 10.4.... Why Secunia software doesen recrognised?

Thank you very much

michaelsalis RE: update
Member 10th Feb, 2010 13:19
Score: 57
User Since: 18th Feb 2009
System Score: 98%
hi aeolos

Adobe products in general have a habit of not updating properly and you will have traces of the old version of Flash on your computer after installing the latest update. Maurice Joyce has the method of properly updating Flash and it is in the thread in the link provided. Click on the link below and it will take you to a thread which I think will help you with your problem.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/122...

If you have any problems come back to the forum when you will receive additional help.

Michael

--
Michael
Toshiba Satelite A660
Intel i7
Windows 7 Ultimate
IE9

Toshiba Equium Laptop
Intel Centrino Duo
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2
IE9
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Gurutto RE: update
Member 14th Feb, 2010 00:06
Score: 0
User Since: 26th Jul 2009
My guess is that Secunia has not updated their database. I have seen this before. The latest flash player update just seems to have come out. I scanned this system a couple of days ago and Secunia showed no insecuritites with the previous version of flash player, yet now with the new version is claims there is an insecurity.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
kenpmason RE: update
Member 22nd Feb, 2010 05:48
Score: 0
User Since: 5th Dec 2008
System Score: 100%
You're absolutely right. Secunia just isn;t updating it's database often enough. Thia has been going on for quite some time. I might also mention that it`s even worse for MS updates. All PSI does is to direct you to MS`s update site, but NOT to the specific update itself--very frustrating!

--
kenpmason
Was this reply relevant?
+0
TiMow RE: update
Dedicated Contributor 22nd Feb, 2010 07:57
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Secunia scans whats there; there are often elements of previous versions, which have become insecure, and it finds and reports these.

Adobe software (especially Flash)is less straightforward than other software to update.

Try this - I offer this response to similar flash problems:

Quote:

The latest versions are:

Adobe Flash Player 10.x ..... 10.0.45.2 (ActiveX), for IE, and 10.0.45.2 (NPAPI) for other browsers (eg Firefox).

It may be, that even if you have the latests version, there are still parts of the old version(s) remaining. You must uninstall Flash every time before you update, using an Adobe uninstall download.

It is probably best to start again. Download and run Adobe uninstall Flash from here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Re-boot and re-scan PSI to ensure nothing of flash remains.

Download and install latest version:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

You may have to install the latest version 2x. Once using IE, and once using another browser (if you use multiple browsers).

Re-boot and re-scan PSI one more time, and hopefully this will do it.

Unquote.

I have since read (thanks Anthony) that the latest flash does have an uninstaller element built in with the upgrade download but everything that uses flash has to exited before starting - this includes all browsers and PSI.
What is important is rebooting and rescanning.

This post applies:

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/356...

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+