Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Windowsexplorer_6

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Secunia
And, this specific program:
Secunia PSI (Personal Software Inspector) 1.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
BicCahoona Windowsexplorer_6
Member 17th Feb, 2010 09:42
Ranking: 0
User Since: 17th Feb, 2010
System Score: N/A
Hi ich hab nen broblem mit dem Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x (Bewertung: Mindestens 1 Angriffsvektor existiert, wenn Sie diesen Browser verwenden. Und ich kann ihn nicht kommplet von Pc entvehrnen kennt da jemand ne möglichkeit wen ja bitte ma posten....Dank schon ma im vorhinaus!?!

TiMow RE: Windowsexplorer_6
Dedicated Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 12:44
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2010 12:50
Es ist immer besser in Englisch zu schreiben auf dem forum. Sie kannen mehr helfen bekommen. Wenn das ist nicht möglich, sie müssen probir vor mein schlecht Deutsch zu verstanden!

Pass auf - Windows Explorerer ist etwas, und Windows Internet Explorer ist etwas anders.

Ich glaube das ihr problem ist mit Internet Explorer 6.

Das ist schon alt und unsichbar. Das letzen ist IE8.

Sie müssen nachrüsten (upgrade) zu IE8. Aber das ist auch nicht ohne problems, das Microsoft selbe kannen nicht richtig mächen. Mit güt sicherheit es ist nicht wie gröss ein problem als mit IE6.

Für mich, das besten vor sicherheit ist Firefox.

Nach der installation von IE8, sie kannen IE6 von ihr Pc zu entvehrnen. Sie müssen Secunia PSI in Advanced Mode (ERWEITERT) haben (klicken sie oben rechts). Auf dem zweite tab "Unsicher" (oben), klicken sie, und das solten IE6 schauen. Auf dem linken seit ist ein "+". Hier klicken zu erweitern (expand).

In der Installationspfad, sie kannen Verzeichnis öffnen (sechtste von links). Hier sie solten, beides IE6 und IE8 schauen. Klicken sie auf IE6 für highlight, und löschen.

Es geht nür in "Recycle Bin". Wenn etwas ist nicht richtig, sie kannen immer wieder zuruck bringen.

Hoffenlich, diese Aufklärung, kannen sie helfen.

Viel Glück

TiMow

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BicCahoona RE: Windowsexplorer_6
Member 17th Feb, 2010 13:10
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Feb 2010
thx for the manuel!!!!!!! My english is auch bad , but i experiments it;) and again thank you for help although this also none is good idie;)
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 13:25
Ich glaube ich kanne besser ihre Deutsch Verstanden. Ihre Englisch ist nicht ganz zu schlecht, aber the letzten satz, ich kanne nicht richtig verstanden.

War mein Aufklärung nicht richtig für ihr problem?
Brauchen sie mehr helfen?

TiMow

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 14:02
Noch Mehr!

Jetzt, ich denke (verleicht) was sie meinen.

Die "Bewertung" ist in "Sicheres Browsing", das sie hat gelessen.

Mein antwört ist noch das gleich als vörher, nür das sie müssen in der "Aktualisiert" tab schauen für IE6. Nachdem:... "+";.... Verzeichnis Offnen,.... und IE6 löschen.

ABER, nür nach sie hat IE8 installiert. Sie kannen diese von IE6 offnen browser, download von Tools (werkzeuge??) Menu ..... update, oder direkt von browser süche. Es ist nicht zu schwierig.

TiMow

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
BicCahoona RE: Windowsexplorer_6
Member 17th Feb, 2010 14:19
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Feb 2010
oh is ok i have understand all.THX for the rush help men
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 15:29
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2010 15:31
Nur zu sagen....
Wenn es ist möglich sie können zum IE8 nachrüsten, sie werden die gleichen Nachricht noch haben (Bewertung: Mindestens 1 Angriffsvektor existiert, wenn Sie diesen Browser verwenden).

Wie ich hat schon gesagt das ist ein problem auch mit IE8; und Microsoft kannt nicht flicken.

Aber, es ist nür kat.2, und sie sind viele mehr sicher mit IE8 als IE6.
Viele leute noch IE8 benützen jedes täg, ohne problem.

Aber Mozilla Firefox 3.6 ist 100% sicher (grün in sicheres browsing), und für mich, ist besser.
Google Chrome is auch an anderer, aber auch mit kat.2 sicherheitsbedrohung, aber wenniger stark als IE8 kat.2.
Sie müssen selbe wählen.

TiMow

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Anthony Wells RE: Windowsexplorer_6
Expert Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 16:21
Score: 2437
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2010 16:24
Bravo TiMow ,

Je vois que tu es plurilingue ; j'éspère que les avocats de IE n'ont pas entendu ta louange de Ff et Chrome :))

Ton secret est sauf avec moi et en plus je ne parle pas l'Allemand ; ni Français si on dit la vérité :))

Prends garde

Anthony

PS: les lettres avec l'accent é à è ne marches plus :((

Ah , yes they do in Frefox at least , didn't in Chrome the other day !!

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 19:06
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2010 19:07
Good evening Anthony,

Thanks for the compliment, but its probably just as well your grasp of German isn`t too great, so you didn`t get to appreciate all the gramatical and vocablulary inaccuracies. Never mind - as someone once said...."it`s more important to be understood, than correct". Normally I get away with just speaking the language here, and not having to write it - which is a completely different ball game. Here German is spoken, like Scots or Americans speak English (no offence intended to those concerned) - not only are there accentual variations, but like the forementioned users of English, many words and phrases are completely unique to my area. (When I holidayed in DE, no-one understood a word I was saying).

But writing is a different matter - absolutely correct high-German, with loads of capital letters being used where you wouldn`t expect, and vice-versa - I don`t bother even trying to remember the rules. And then then theres the "du/sie" (tu/vous) issue, which we English don`t have to worry about.

Fortunately, as my Dell was ordered here, my keyboard is bi-lingual, and has the full range of äöü and àèé ^(cant work how to use the circumflex with a letter though - and theres no squiggly half s for under the c - whats that called? - certilla or something - this is close - §) Just found it lurking above the 4 - ç.

Anyway, despite English being the universal language of the forum, as you know, the poor soul really seemed to be struggling with it, so I thought it would be better to proceed with my "taube deutsch" (pigeon german). It was a fairly simple issue to offer advice on, even though it took me a couple of posts to fully grasp it.

He/she was concerned that, under Secure Browsing they were seeing the message:

"Assessment: Minimum 1 attack vector exists when using this browser, see criticality rating below".

relating to IE6; and they wanted to get rid of it - IE6 and the message.

I recommended upgrading to IE8, although my last post pointed out, that they would still see the same message under secure browsing with IE8, but would be safer than before. Also (hopefully) suggested how to locate the file path, in order to delete old IE6.

I offered a couple of alternative browsers (as you saw) and stated that my preference was Firefox as both IE8 and Chrome remain cat.2 threats.

As you can see, there`s been no more feedback, so they`ve either done what they needed to or given up (probably couldn`t understand me either. I wasn`t 100% convinced that German was their natural language - as mine weren`t the only mistakes - maybe just typos.

Anyway it was a good bit of linguistic practice, although I`ll try not to make it a habit - too time consuming - plus one could inadvertently give totally the wrong advice.

Prends garde, aussi, et bon soiree.

TiMow

Oh, and P.S. - go easy with your edits on threads where we both have contributed - my inbox was almost overflowing!

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 17th Feb, 2010 23:12
Last edited on 17th Feb, 2010 23:15
Bonne soirée to you TiMow ,

My keyboard is Franglais so i go "ç " under the 9 . I got ^ next to it on the key , but it requires an ALT Gr key pressed at the same time ( it's at the right end of the space bar) to use it , so I can't add it to the "e" . I have a second "^" in a non-capital position in the first key after the top line of letters (AZERTY etc) , I click it at the same time as e and ê comes up . Ön tne same key is ¨¨ in the capital position so I can't add it to a letter , but then again I don't speak German .

Excuse my editing , cannot remember which thread it was , but I kept getting flash backs and didn't want to give the wrong lead ; don't know even if my advice was relevant . All too technical for me , not to mention expensive programme wise !!

Salut
Anthony

PS : EDIT :)))))))

I got the drift of the IE6 query , but only from guesswork , so thanks for your explanation .

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Dedicated Contributor 18th Feb, 2010 08:10
Just pulling your leg re. editing - we have to do what we have to do - I often have typos to correct.

As someone else once said..."its better to be correct, than understood".

TiMow

--
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Expert Contributor 18th Feb, 2010 09:51
Last edited on 18th Feb, 2010 09:53
Fortunately , I'm completely irresponsible and thus am neither :))

PS: ialways have tiepos to edith !!

--

Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability