Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: XP PRO 64 bit insecure?

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Microsoft
And, this specific program:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional

This thread has been marked as locked.
stratos XP PRO 64 bit insecure?
Member 21st Feb, 2010 21:37
Ranking: 0
User Since: 3rd Nov, 2009
System Score: N/A
I had to reload my OS the other day and now I'm getting an insecure program warning from secunia that just says This program is insecure. The direct link of course takes me to the Microsoft update page as it always does for all windows incecurity issues. It never is actually a direct link like in other programs. I've repeatedly run express and custom scans for any available updates and there aren't any. Under path it says N/A so I have no idea what the insecurity is or how to fix it. I had the program running up until about two months ago and I bought Windows 7 and have been using it ever since. For reasons not worth explaining, I had to reload XP Pro 64 bit and of course went through about 80 or so updates, not to mention reinstalling tons of software. Why am I getting this insecurity warning now when I didn't get it before. Since secunia claims there's a fix, I'd love to know what it is. Microsoft might be interested in it also. If anyone knows what I can do, please tell me because I'm out of ideas and it's a cat. 4 threat.

thedillpickl RE: XP PRO 64 bit insecure?
Contributor 22nd Feb, 2010 07:31
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi stratos;

You said, "Under path it says N/A...", are you looking for the Installation Path in Technical details, in the Toolbox? Windows components won't show up like regular programs & the Open Folder icon will be grayed out.

If you click on the "Online References" icon there is a link http://secunia.com/advisories/38511/ to a Secunia Advisory about this. There you would find MS KB#'s and a Technet bulletin:

MS10-013 (KB977935, KB977914, KB975560):
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin...

Hope this helps;

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+