xSI
Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Adobe Systems
And, this specific program:
Adobe Download Manager 2.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
Quicksilver84 New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
Member 27th Feb, 2010 23:29
Ranking: 0
User Since: 13th May, 2009
System Score: N/A
I had posted information relevant to this in another thread, and now cannot locate the original messages so I will try to direct this post to "Anthony" who had responded to my questions about this critical problem

Here is the new post relevant to this problem, directed to "Anthony".

"Anthony, I cannot locate the last message from you, however I had copied it and printed it out and intended to follow the directions in that message to remove the dangers posed by the ADLM,

I followed step one, and removed it from the "add/remove" list per your instructions.

When I attempted to locate the NOS file, I tried everything and could not locate it. I see a prompt saying "Refers to a location that is unavailable, etc.". I have tried everything to locate it without success.

Would you say that I am "safe" or is this C:\Program Files\NOS\ folder still lurking somewhere on the computer?? Is it possible that this file was removed when the ADLM was removed??

PLEASE HELP ASAP. Thank you for your recommendations and assistance.

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD START A DIFFERENT THREAD ON THIS PROBLEM SINCE I COULD NOT LOCATE THE ONE WE HAD BEEN ADDRESSING??

Warmest regards,
Quick

thedillpickl

RE: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
Anthony Wells RE: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
Expert Contributor 28th Feb, 2010 13:59
Score: 2454
User Since: 19th Dec 2007
Last edited on 28th Feb, 2010 14:06
Hi Quick ,

I have followed your breadcrumb trail and here we are :)) Was "busy" watching Test Match Ruby yesterday :))))

If you killed the ADLM in "AddRemove" you have done the "security" fix . Odd bits and pieces may hang around but that becomes housekeeping ; I"m still an ardent "non-techie" fan of 'if it ain't broke , don't fix it".

I am not sure what your "prompt" is saying and who is saying it to you , when and where ; I need actual details to comment .

Have you actually been into the C:\Program Files\ .. folder and looked for a folder named "NOS" ?? ; all you need to know is that if it's there zap it , if it's not , excellent !!.

Again , if you are not sure , just ask .

Anthony

PS: if your Computer is hiding something from you there is usually a good reason for it to so do ; you'll get there when you are ready to get there without breaking things !!

PPS: if you click on your (screen) name to the left of any of your postings it will list all the threads you have made and all those to which you are contributing .

--

It always seems impossible until its done.
Nelson Mandela
Was this reply relevant?
+3
Quicksilver84 RE: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
Member 28th Feb, 2010 16:35
Score: 0
User Since: 13th May 2009
Anthony, Anthony!!

Thank you so much for all of the information. I felt "lost" for sure.

I did go into the C:Programs file and there is nothing there for the "NOS", so it must have been deleted when I deleted the ADLM. Also did a complete search of the computer. I agree with your philosophy:

"If it's not broken, don't fix it.". I did a complete search several times for this file and it was nowhere to be found. The prompt was one by the computer itself so apparently it is either not there or not accessible so best to leave well enough alone IMHO.

Thank you for the tips, especially how to locate messages which I have sent. That helps tremendously. I think I subscribed to one thread by accident and that was a problem. Have unsubscribed so now that will not be a problem in the future.

Thank you once again for your invaluable assistance. You are TOP NOTCH!!!! Hope you have a great day there!!

Warmest regards,
Quick
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Quicksilver84 RE: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
Member 28th Feb, 2010 16:38
Score: 0
User Since: 13th May 2009
To thedilpikl: (hope I have this spelled correctly)

Thank you for locating Anthony and also for the information you have posted which I will copy and print out in a word program for future reference.

This is an outstanding forum that provides the best and most reliable help from highly qualified and knowledgeable people!!

Thank you again!!
Warmest regards,
Quick
Was this reply relevant?
+0
thedillpickl RE: New Adobe Dowload Manager Vulnerabilities. Adobe Security Bulletin
Contributor 1st Mar, 2010 00:55
Score: 376
User Since: 3rd May 2009
System Score: 100%
Hi Quick;

Glad all is well.

Do not compliment Anthony too much. It gives him a complex and then he is hard to deal with! :)

Fred

--
XP Home
Chrome, Firefox, IE8
--
consilio et animis
Was this reply relevant?
+0

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

Secunia is a member of FIRST Secunia is a member of EDUcause Secunia is a member of The Open Group Secunia is a member of FS-ISAC

Secunia © 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer
follow Secunia on Facebook follow Secunia on Twitter follow Secunia on LinkedIn follow Secunia on YouTube follow Secunia Xing follow Secunias RSS feed follow Secunia on Google+