Vulnerabilities
Programs
Open Discussions
My Threads
Create Thread
Statistics
About

Forum Thread: Apple Safari 4.x

You are currently viewing a forum thread in the Secunia Community Forum. Please note that opinions expressed here are not of Secunia but solely reflect those of the user who wrote it.

This thread was submitted in the following forum:
Programs

Relating to this vendor:
Apple
And, this specific program:
Apple Safari 4.x

This thread has been marked as locked.
wilnlori Apple Safari 4.x
Member 21st Mar, 2010 14:54
Ranking: 0
User Since: 15th Mar, 2010
System Score: N/A
I keep getting a insecre program warning for Apple Safari 4.x. I have done the repair twice, rescaned the comp and the threat is still there. Beginning to wonder if Secunia is the problem and not the Apple Safari. Also I get the message that " we were unable to place you on the worldwide map, for comparison, yet I have done that twice and rebooted comp. I must be doing something wrong and do I really need this program.
Thank you

wess12

RE: Apple Safari 4.x
[+]
This reply has been minimised due to a negative Relevancy Score.
TiMow RE: Apple Safari 4.x
Dedicated Contributor 21st Mar, 2010 18:02
Score: 737
User Since: 26th Jun 2009
Last edited on 22nd Mar, 2010 08:53
Hi wilnlori

I`m unfamiliar with (don`t use) Safari, but there`s a good chance that although you`ve updated to the solution / latest version, that the old version file is still left on your computer as an insecure file for PSI to find and report (as is the case with IE and Chrome).

You should use PSI in Advanced mode (top right of page) - if you`re not and do change - don`t be put off by the box that appears, and check OK.

If Safari is showing under the Insecure tab (Advanced mode interface), you should click on "[+]" on left side to expand (you can also do this under Patched tab).

This will show Toolbox icons - click on Open Folder to take you to the location of this insecure Safari file.

If you see both the new version file, and the old version file, then click to highlight the old version, right click, then delete.

Now re-boot and re-scan PSI.

Re. World map problem - all I can suggest, is to make sure you have completed all the required fields (marked with a *) and chosen from the location list, under the Secunia Profile tab - then "save profile". Then right click Secunia tray icon (bottom right of screen), and try "Reload Interface".

I, and many others, believe that the home user is more secure with the information provided by PSI, so I would always recommend its use, as a means of keeping programs, extensions, add-ons, etc. patched and up to date.

TiMow

EDIT:
If the above doesn`t work then open the following forum link for more info., as there is a Secunia advisory relating to Safari.

http://secunia.com/community/forum/thread/show/376...

--
Computing is not yet a perfect science - it still requires humans.
Was this reply relevant?
+3
john t. jones RE: Apple Safari 4.x
Member 28th Mar, 2010 11:43
Score: 0
User Since: 17th Mar 2010
yes, I have tried downloading this but my security blocks it because of the threat so I want to just remove it or delete it to clear it out.
Was this reply relevant?
+0
Maurice Joyce RE: Apple Safari 4.x
Handling Contributor 28th Mar, 2010 19:34
Score: 11744
User Since: 4th Jan 2009
@TiMow's post above should have helped U.

Is Safari not showing in Control Panel>add/remove?

What is the path to the problem?

FINDING A VULNERABILITY FILE PATH
=================================

To locate the exact file that the Secunia PSI has detected, use or switch to the ADVANCED interface, then :

1 Click on the + sign of the programme to "expand' it.
2 Click on Technical Details in the Toolbox to see the installation path of the detected file. (Copy (CTRL+C) & paste (CTRL+V) the Installation Path of the file back to the Forum if U are unsure what to do next.

--
Maurice

Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit OS
HP Intel Pentium i7
IE 11 for Windows 7 SP1
16GB RAM
Was this reply relevant?
+1

This thread has been marked as locked.

Products Solutions Customers Partner Resources Company

Corporate
Vulnerability Intelligence Manager (VIM)
Corporate Software Inspector (CSI)
Consumer
Personal Software Inspector (PSI)
Online Software Inspector (OSI)
 Industry
Compliance
Technology
Integration
 Customers
Testimonials
 VARS
MSSP
Technology Partners
References
 Reports
Webinars
Events
 About us
Careers
Memberships
Newsroom

© 2002-2014 Secunia ApS - Rued Langgaards Vej 8, 4th floor, DK-2300 Copenhagen, Denmark - +45 7020 5144
Terms & Conditions and Copyright - Privacy - Report Vulnerability - Disclaimer